Windows 10 Mobile build 15226 Discussion (Fast Ring)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Does look as though battery is not lasting as long as it did on 15223, and at the moment it appears that, I too, am unable the connect a new Bluetooth device. (950XL)

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
What device are you using?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Lumia 1520. The devices already paired work fine, but I cant pair anything new to it. If I try, "settings" crashes and the phone wont turn off without a soft reset.

A hard reset may be in my future... but I dont want to lose the apps I have that are no longer in the store. :unhappy:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 1520. The devices already paired work fine, but I cant pair anything new to it. If I try, setting crash and the phone wont turn off without a soft reset.

A hard reset may be in my future... but I dont want to lose the apps I have that are no longer in the store. :unhappy:

I hear ya and feel your pain. You are a loyal user but these issues make it extremely difficult to have a positive experience. I have moved to iOS as my daily driver but continue to update my Idol 4s in hopes they get this fixed. In fact, I'm updating to latest build now which I had backed off from. Fingers crossed.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Does look as though battery is not lasting as long as it did on 15223, and at the moment it appears that, I too, am unable the connect a new Bluetooth device. (950XL)

We have the same device (Lumia 950 XL DS). Well, I just made some testing, by adding a new device, "TrackR" tracking bluetooth device. No problem at all. Old bluetooth connections (already paired) seem working well too ...

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
About battery, it seems to be good. Just look my battery stat after 7 hours night (idle consumption just 3 %). Battery consumption usage (top 4): Whatsapp, MS People, Mail and Calendar, and Start. That's the first night, it could be better after a week.

wp_ss_20170623_0001.jpg

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I hear ya and feel your pain. You are a loyal user but these issues make it extremely difficult to have a positive experience. I have moved to iOS as my daily driver but continue to update my Idol 4s in hopes they get this fixed. In fact, I'm updating to latest build now which I had backed off from. Fingers crossed.

I'm in the same boat. I've basically moved to my Nexus 6P as my daily driver but am keeping the 950XL updated on Insider Fast just to see if/when things improve.

For me, when my 950XL is operating optimally, its benefits (Outlook Mail and Calendar, the camera, battery life, live tiles) outweigh the drawbacks (mostly app gap-related which, for the most part, I can live with/work around).

However, when the 950XL is NOT operating optimally, the calculus changes. When live tiles don't work, alarms don't sound, Calendar unilaterally decides to change a meeting notification from "0 minutes" to "None", Cortana requires every command to be given twice when reading texts over Bluetooth in the car, then the benefits just aren't worth the trouble.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. I've basically moved to my Nexus 6P as my daily driver but am keeping the 950XL updated on Insider Fast just to see if/when things improve.

For me, when my 950XL is operating optimally, its benefits (Outlook Mail and Calendar, the camera, battery life, live tiles) outweigh the drawbacks (mostly app gap-related which, for the most part, I can live with/work around).

However, when the 950XL is NOT operating optimally, the calculus changes. When live tiles don't work, alarms don't sound, Calendar unilaterally decides to change a meeting notification from "0 minutes" to "None", Cortana requires every command to be given twice when reading texts over Bluetooth in the car, then the benefits just aren't worth the trouble.

I think you explained it well.

The thing is, you and I can afford to do that. What about people who can only have 1 device and it needs to work for them? They are running out of choices.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I like and use my Lumia 950xl. I will continue to use it because I like it better than anything else. It suits my needs. I support what I like and don't want to be part of the problem.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@mtf1380,

Can you show me your "Battery usage by app" page ? (just click "Battery usage by app" to see that page on Battery page)

Top 5 are listed below:

1 - Windows Central = 45%
2 - Microsoft Edge = 20%
3 - Settings = 7%
4 - OneNote = 6%
5 - Store = 4%

Note: Maybe I am running down the battery more lately because after a Build Update I monitor Windows Central more than usually on my 950XL? And Windows Central apparently is a battery eater.

Regarding Bluetooth: it should be said that I had no BT devices in the 'Discoverable' so may it didn't trigger the connection (I will keep that in mind for future reference). All 'connected' devices work as they should:)

Regarding my VPN: is working great, connects quickly!

All considered, I am still very happy with the overall performance on the phone (950XL), as of late.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So far, for me, the best battery life is with the Elite X3. I actually can go an entire workday without plugging in. I do prefer my 950 XL for pictures as the quality is far better but for everything else, I prefer the X3. The fingerprint scanner especially.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@Mark Kaplan, I am glad that HP is supporting MS, as an OEM (they make very good products, and the X3 "almost" made me "reconsider" to buy HP products again); I was indeed, very tempted to get an X3 when retuning my defective 950XL. But, the camera is the most important feature 'of any' for me on a phone, all other obstacles I can work around.

With regards to HP, I promised their Escalation Dept Supervisor, back in 2012, that I would never buy another HP product, and I do try 'at all cost' too keep my word...(even at my own loss:)

And, for the record...I will "NEVER" shop at SEARS again, either! (1995 incident)

Burn me once, "shame on you"... burn me twice, shame on me"!:^)

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
@Mark Kaplan, I am glad that HP is supporting MS, as an OEM (they make very good products, and the X3 "almost" made me "reconsider" to buy HP products again); I was indeed, very tempted to get an X3 when retuning my defective 950XL. But, the camera is the most important feature 'of any' for me on a phone, all other obstacles I can work around.

With regards to HP, I promised their Escalation Dept Supervisor, back in 2012, that I would never buy another HP product, and I do try 'at all cost' too keep my word...(even at my own loss:)

And, for the record...I will "NEVER" shop at SEARS again, either! (1995 incident)

Seems like never shopping at SEARS will be even easier for you now, as so many of their stores are closing down.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I've tried for the first ever time to connect my phone (L950) to my SP4 via Bluetooth, and it paired successfully on the 1st attempt with absolutely no issues.

Settings > Notifications & actions page is responsive immediately. (Previous builds it was 10+ seconds for it to become responsive for me.)

Not had any problems with notifications coming through.

Not encountered a bug yet - well, I guess I have as the Store live tile is dead for me...but I only checked that to test as others were having an issue with it, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed as I have Store on the smallest tile size.

Sent from mTalk

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
After very little playing, I have regained the ability to discover, and pair, to new Bluetooth devices; first thing I tried was an attempt to connect to my SP3, which was successful....thank you @13paul13 for the suggestion:)

FTR: The only things I tried were:

• Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth = no Joy
  • Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Wireless display or dock = no Joy
  • Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Everything else = all my devices in the house.
  • Turned SP3 Bluetooth discovery 'ON'
  • Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth = Still NO Joy on phone, but the SP3 was able to discover phone.
  • Did a Power OFF/ON cycle on the phone.
  • SP3: Bluetooth discovery still 'ON'
  • Phone: Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth = phone's discovery initiated, and SP3 found, and subsequentially 'paired'

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site

I'm not a huge HP fan but I do love this phone. I'm Lenovo for everything else. I do wish the camera was better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb