Windows 10 Mobile build 15230 Discussion (Fast Ring)

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

That's the answer, of course.

...!!
That's what Cortana says...

rGT0DKB.jpg

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Since this update I am no longer getting notifications of incoming texts on my signed in Windows 10 PC. Notifications on the phone are fine but they are not syncing to the PC correctly.

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Update installed flawlessly. Now every app I use daily on my L950xl doesn't launch including the Authenticator app!!! Battery drain is getting worse. New feature is random reboots even when using the phone!!!!!

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, ATT

Battery life is still OK but two issues have surfaced.

1. BT will not always disconnect when I power down my BT earpiece. The BT icon is still visible, the phone says BT is connected and worse, is still routing audio through the now non-existent BT device. So I get no notification sounds and miss texts. Tapping the BT tile in the pull down causes it to go from CONNECTED to NOT CONNECTED. After that, it will connect normally and sometimes will disconnect normally too.

2. DELETED. Calendar sync issue was because I selected the wrong account when I created the event.

2a. I cannot find a way to force a calendar sync.... is there one?

These issues are NOT new to this build. But MS is taking their own sweet time fixing them.... if they are even on MS's radar. And yes, feedback was sent, for all the good that seems to do.

Paul

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Put the 950Xl DS back into service yesterday at 5pm EDT. Early days yet, but some observations:

1) Battery life seems to be at least somewhat improved. Hard to say yet how much.

EDIT: Wow, battery life has been remarkable today. It has gone from 100% to 90% in 6.5 hours, with some light emailing and WhatsApp messaging.

2) Store live tile continues to not work

3) Outlook Calendar has not yet replaced my "0 minutes" reminder with "None" (as it has done randomly on previous builds).

4) A weird problem that has bedeviled me since I started on W10M in February 2016 continues: I cannot enter any number in the amount field of my bank's (BMO) mobile site. If I want to, say, pay a bill, when I click into the "amount" field, the numeric keypad pops up but any number I press does not appear in the field. I've tried in Edge and Monument Browser - same thing. This forces me to use the desktop BMO site to do my banking (no BMO app for Windows phone, of course). Don't know if any other BMO users out there have encountered this issue (which is obviously not build-related).

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
My hopes of the new firmware fixing the SD card disconnects just got shot down. I just had my first disconnect on this build and the new firmware. HP Elite X3.

Radix1980a

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
I am not getting a better battery life with this build than PR build. Indeed, my battery life is worse than yours.

Which is your configuration? (double tap to wake up, glance...)

thank you very much

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
@Radix1980a I have the following:

- Double-tap to sleep and wake both enabled
- 3 email accounts in Outlook Mail, all set to fetch "as items arrive"
- Glance screen set to time out at 30 seconds
- all apps managed by Windows

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
So after a week of use, I am having a couple odd issues with this build.

I cant change the picture on my "photos" live tile. Tried soft rests, unpinning and re-pinning and even changing settings in the app itself just so it would reset itself. Nothing works.

Also my email tiles no longer show how many new emails I have.

Hopefully these issues get worked out because they are both big ones for me.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I cant change the picture on my "photos" live tile. Tried soft rests, unpinning and re-pinning and even changing settings in the app itself just so it would reset itself. Nothing works.

Same here. Didn't notice it until you pointed it out but I have the same issue. Will leave feedback.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos