Windows 10 Mobile build 15230 Discussion (Fast Ring)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Couple of other issues showed up this evening:

- Bluetooth failed to disconnect properly from my car (still showed as connected even after car turned off). It then wouldn't reconnect to car later. Had to turn Bluetooth off and on again to fix.

- Saw the "No Internet" wifi bug for the first time in ages.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I used the Map app all day yesterday, and had it shut down phone once, and recalculate 3, or 4, times for no reason at all. Also, when first starting my trip, I registered a "NO GPS Signal" while driving out of the driveway, and had to reboot to get a signal.

Radix1980a

Jul 19, 2017
Visit site
ok, it seems that certain apps (Fitbit, Time Sense,...) have a higher battery drain in this build than their battery drain in PR builds.

Then, I don't notice any impovements on standby battery life and to be honest, the batter life when I use the phone (screen on) is a litle bit higher (just my feeling).
I think that battery drain is the worse problem of my L950, too high.

On the other hand, since the first builds of 2016 battery saver is less effective. Even if I turn on the battery saver, I receive whatsapp and telegram notifications. Indeed, if I do not allow whatsapp in background I receive messages...do you have this problem? do you know how to solve it?

Thank you very much

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Since my L1020 is not supposed to be using CU, I was going to sit this build out in terms of commenting here. More so, because most of you were reporting no major issues at first, though now are. Since I am having some of them also, along with the continuing failures of some camera apps like 1Shot and ProShot (but not Camera or Lumia Cam), here is some input:

-- BT is still not reliable; it often is not eager to connect. Also, Fitbit sync takes forever, but always has. (Build 15230 not yet dropped the car's BT like the previous build did once, though.)
-- battery life has not bounced back from what it was 2 builds earlier is any camera app is used. (However, there is no power penalty for a soft reset now, and standby time is still reasonable.)
-- Fitbit app does drain more battery juice. I cannot compare to many other builds but 2 builds ago it was better.
-- OneNote changes made in the PC are not picked up by the phone as fast as before, or at all. Sync of OneNote changes made on the phone are retrieved by the PC as fast as my other Windows phones. Those phones (non-WI) have no issues either way.

At first, Maps got slower & dumber but later recovered.

Tiles can do what they may want, I don't need them active. However, it seems that some of them are no longer refreshing...the screen looks...quiet. Some of you would say "boring" :)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
(However, there is no power penalty for a soft reset now, and standby time is still reasonable.)

I thought the power penalty had disappeared, too, but I just tested it and my phone went from 93% at power off to 79% after power on.

That said, I'm not sure it's a real "power penalty". There may be an issue with the battery reading, not the actual battery state of charge. I'm going to leave feedback on it anyway.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
I thought the power penalty had disappeared, too, but I just tested it and my phone went from 93% at power off to 79% after power on.

That said, I'm not sure it's a real "power penalty". There may be an issue with the battery reading, not the actual battery state of charge. I'm going to leave feedback on it anyway.

The power cycling I refer to is only the "soft reset". This one came back at exactly the same 100%, so no penalty there. Unfortunately, I could not do the normal power off/on to check. The phone's add-on power cover is installed. It tends to become active on normal reboots and its power feed distorts the [power] picture. I'll take it off later to check.

The battery indicator issue, like you said, could still be lurking. Since I have had the power cover on most of the time, I may have not experienced it yet.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
@Ektalog Do you have the Mugen (? If memory serves) battery cover installed? Was thinking of buying. Do you like? What do you do for a case?

Oh, I kind of wished so. The one I have is the official Nokia "Imaging Cover" for the L1020. It does three things. 1. provides a socket for a tripod, 2. provides a shutter button and 3. provides extra power.

The gizmo does 1 and 2 just fine. The problem is #3 .... it only adds 1000mAh to the puny 2000mAh inside the phone. A Mugen for the 950XL would likely provide about 3 times all this combined! And pictures are easily great.

The L1020 may have been designed for superb pictures, which it can do if one takes some care. But, darn, it draws in power like crazy for the camera. Anyway, I wanted it for the camera...so I suffer the downsides trying to be graceful about it. :)

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Don't know if it has anything to do with the build, but yesterday's Starbucks app update broke the app for me. Just a gray screen after the Starbucks splash screen. Tried resetting the app - it worked once (could go in and re-input my credentials), then went back to not working again. Left feedback fwiw.

950XL DS

EDIT: Reboot of phone fixed it (for now).

Last edited:

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Really? I don't see any update (just checked). Hopefully I get it soon.

You got this one?

jAZeaiP.jpg

Sent from mTalk

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have had a few more apps (store app, outlook, news, weather) all randomly break on me at different times. No live tiles, no notifications and just a black screen when clicked on. I think I may need ANOTHER hard reset... :eck:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Factory Unlocked Idol 4s--
Tapping on an email notification takes me to the wrong mailbox. Also I had to delete an exchange mailbox but it's still available in the Notifications and actions. Anyone else see similar?

Update: Updating all my apps...I had done a hard reset yesterday.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Factory Unlocked Idol 4s--
Tapping on an email notification takes me to the wrong mailbox. Also I had to delete an exchange mailbox but it's still available in the Notifications and actions. Anyone else see similar?

Update: Updating all my apps...I had done a hard reset yesterday.

I have the opposite, my emails wont show up in notifications at all lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)