Windows 10 Mobile build 15235 Discussion (Fast Ring)

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
First bug found.....I've lost the ability to download anything in Edge.

Using continuum I usually download 50-60 docs a day from OneDrive for business, but now I just get a "download failed" message.

There's not even the option of where to store downloads in the settings tab in edge any longer.

Have hard reset the device a couple of times but the download option is gone, gone, gone

Wonder is this has been removed on purpose?....

Last edited:

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Further feedback on the build:
1) I bought a new (cheap) Bluetooth speaker today and paired it with the 950 without a problem. Early on though I had two issues occur:

1. The 950 disconnected once from the speaker (not sure if that was a problem of the phone or speaker - it was well within range, literally a matter of centimetres); and
2. After reconnecting, after just a few seconds the audio stopped and I realised that, for some reason, the Bluetooth had turned itself off on the 950. Since those two early issues though, it's worked flawlessly.

2) Continuum's working fine (I actually wrote this in Continuum mode via the Readit app and copied/pasted here). I'm not able to test the new portrait mode orientation though.

3) I'm sure I read somewhere that, in Continuum, if you were listening to music in Groove but you minimised the app and/or switched to another app, then the music would stop playing. However, I minimised the app and music was still playing in the background. So that's a positive :). (Perhaps what I read was in a very early release of Continuum that that happened?)

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
First bug found.....I've lost the ability to download anything in Edge.

Using continuum I usually download 50-60 docs a day from OneDrive for business, but now I just get a "download failed" message.

There's not even the option of where to store downloads in the settings tab in edge any longer.

Have hard reset the device a couple of times but the download option is gone, gone, gone

Wonder is this has been removed on purpose?....

In Continuum mode I've just signed into OneDrive (personal, as I don't have OneDrive for business) in Edge. I selected an Excel document, clicked the "Download" button and it downloaded, and shows in the Downloads section of the 'Hub' on Edge. Clicking on it from that section opens the file in Excel.

Sent from mTalk

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Me again! Continuum bug:

If you try to open the Messaging app through Continuum, you just get "Loading..."
d3ghUDC.jpg

However, if you open the Messaging app on the phone, then try and open it through Continuum it'll then open on Continuum and close on the phone. Also, if you receive an SMS whilst in Continuum, and click on the message in the Continuum action centre, then Messaging does open up too in Continuum.

Sent from mTalk

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
... Darn!!.. they did not reinstated one thing I used to have when projecting my phone to laptop

I cant use the wired mouse & keyboard that's plug into a Acer laptop. Guess it is back to the old USB-OTG/USB hub combination, I guess.

[BTW, can anyone confirm if it works on Surface devices, other than a S3 ??]

... !

Last edited:

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
It might just be coincidence, and I don't feel like I'm doing anything different to normal, but the Windows Hello iris scan log in on my 950 seems improved on this build - quicker to recognise and dismiss the lock screen.

Sent from mTalk

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Getting an error 0x80070020 trying to download. Anyone come across this one before? I did a soft reset, made sure region and language are right and another reboot. I might need to do a hard reset...

Hard reset sent this IDOL 4s into a boot loop. Dang. I smell another RMA coming....

Just mailed it off to repair this afternoon. I tried for a couple days to restore it and knowing that WDRT for the IDOL 4s Factory unlocked model is not functioning the way it should I just went ahead and sent it. It would boot loop if I left it plugged in. Would get the splash logo on boot then it would go to a blank navy blue screen for about 60 sec, then repeat the reboot.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Overnight, the battery charge went down by an average of 1% per hour. Quiet Hours was on throughout, apart from the final 11 minutes as it automatically turned off as scheduled at 08:00. Location and WiFi were the only other settings turned on (as always). I did not use the phone at all in the 9 hours, other than to take the start and end screenshots:
RIRWTFc.png

RDPsyiC.png

I've checked and no apps updated overnight and Windows Update hadn't been automatically checked either - the last check was done automatically at 17:26 yesterday.

I'm going to test tonight with battery saver on - I'm intrigued to see how much battery saver does actually save.

Windows Hello log-in is still reliable and fast . Has anybody else noticed better log-in with the iris scan on their 950 / 950XL?

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
@mtf1380 and @maya77 : over the past couple of days my apps have now been updated to same the versions as yours .

So, I tested the battery saver overnight and it had the opposite effect to what I was expecting! In 8.75 hours the battery went from 99% charged to 83%, an average loss of 1.82% per hour .

Fq246bZ.png

bIChs1S.png

Sent from mTalk

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Have a couple apps that I can't uninstall on my 640. Don't know if this was the case in prior builds, I was just going through and getting rid of things I don't use.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Resetting the app fixes it (at least for me and at least temporarily). Sucks that you have to enter your login info again after reset but at least it works for awhile.

That's just it - I want it to work always.

Forgive me, I'm in kind of a pissy mood. I've been fighting how to download a simple alarm tone without having to load Itunes and perform brain surgery.

Still want a device with the UI of WM10, stability and app selection of Iphone, and customization of Android - with a removable battery and sd card.

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a couple issue I've noticed:

1. Word, Excel, and Power Point update pretty much daily in the store. The version number never changes after the update.
2. Every time I connect to my car via bluetooth, I have to toggle "Hey Cortana" off and on again to get it to work. The phone can actually hear me (if I manually invoke Cortana the voice input works fine), I just can't start it with Hey Cortana until I toggle it.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@cnjvh, howdy:)

Regarding:

1. I think that if you make a note of the version number of Word, Excel, and PP's old version (before update) > then, after the update restart your phone (power off, then on) > then, go back you Store > downloads and updates, and re-check the version numbers, and compare to what you wrote down (old version, before update)....you should find that they changed "a little."

2. I have no suggests for I am still trying to figure out "Hey Cortana" myself:)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)