Windows 10 Mobile build 15237 Discussion (Fast Ring)

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
MS https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...er-preview-build-16257-pc-build-15237-mobile/

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-16257

General changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

We made some improvements to the Field Medic Store app, where we fixed an issue with collecting Watson crash data, enabled spell checking when editing a report, and updated the PowerOn/PowerOff profiles to include additional battery info.
We fixed an issue where the screen would occasionally flash black after launching or rotating the Camera app.
We fixed an issue with the HP Elite X3 reporting that the SD card had been removed from the device when it had not.
We fixed an issue with Continuum where, after the attached monitor is unplugged, occasionally the mobile LCD does not power off and the mobile battery could be drained.
We fixed an issue with the Windows inbox NFC driver where occasionally the wrong card type data was reported.
We improved the Cortana resume-from-suspend behavior to enable a Cortana skill to be authenticated before the user interacts with the skill.
We fixed an issue with the behavior of the hardware search button in countries where Cortana is not available. In this case, the OEM provides the search app or URI.
Known issues for Mobile

There is a problem with the HP Elite X3 with wired docks where the portrait orientation setting is lost when the external display is disconnected and reconnected. A workaround for this is to reboot the phone after tapping the “OK” button instead of disconnecting and reconnecting. This workaround must be performed every time you connect to an external display you want to use with Continuum in portrait orientation.
If you have apps saved to your SD card, you may see error 8007000B when trying to update those apps. As a workaround, you can move these apps to internal memory, update them, and then move them back to your SD card. Thank you to all the Insiders who reported this to us!
When installing or updating a Windows Store app, you may see error 80070057. As a workaround, you can get the latest app by uninstalling the older version of the app from your device and reinstall latest version from Store.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 3 (?) build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15237, discuss it here.

Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
[/INFO]

TV3

May 1, 2017
Visit site
The size of the download (currently updating to 15237) is starting to become a real pain, and I envisage that this will be the last time I will bother. The normal route for me is unistalling FB/Messenger/Instagram downloading the update and reinstalling the apps. For 15235 (slow) and 15237 (fast) this hasn't created enough space and have then been deleting 15mb / 25mb apps (that need to be installed on phone not SD card) to squeeze out a little bit of extra space.

The reason why I say this will be the last time I will bother is because I now have only apps that are part of the OS and can't be unistalled. If this 15237 doesn't fit, that's it as I am not hard resetting for the sake of a "bugs and fixes" update.

bai3tzash

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Starting last fast insider build and even on this I have this problem: in Mail app, the counter of unread emails remains the same, or is growing by every new email I get, even if I read those emails or I mark them as read...
Anyone else facing this problem?

TV3

May 1, 2017
Visit site
Eventually got to 15237 after 2 hours, things appear to be normal on the email live tiles for me. 2 new email notifications showing, open mail app, close email app, notification number has gone as normal.

Keith White Jr

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Installed on 1520, 1320 and 640 at the same time yesterday. 1520 was done in 15-ish minutes, 1320 took 17-20 minutes and the 640 took over a half hour.

Soft resets and all 3 are running really smoothly so far.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
"We fixed an issue with the HP Elite X3 reporting that the SD card had been removed from the device when it had not."
Finally! Downloading now.

-dunn

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Starting last fast insider build and even on this I have this problem: in Mail app, the counter of unread emails remains the same, or is growing by every new email I get, even if I read those emails or I mark them as read...

I am facing the same situation on build 15063.2
Uninstall/reinstall did not fix the issue unfortunately.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Installed on my 950 and 640 without issue. Seems pretty smooth in my limited use. I wasn't having any of the issues listed in the change log so it is hard for me to say if there is any improvement, but it doesn't seem that anything new is broken (sad that this is how I rate a build as being good or bad haha)

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
You may try to uninstall/reinstall Outlook apps using Interop Tools 1.9.

Zippyshare.com - Interop Tools RC-1.9-pre10.zip

Install Interop Tools and dependencies by opening up the Device portal for your device, going into the application section, click on browser for the app package, select the app file, and then press install, do that for each appx...

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
This should have been the build I didn't install, as whilst there's no new features, I'm doing a one-on, one-off. I woke up earlier than my scheduled alarm today and had a quick look at Twitter and discovered a build had been released. Having had desperately woeful battery life on 15235, I decided I'd just go ahead and give this build a go.

I started download at 06:05, it took 42 minutes to install. When it was going through the "Almost done" stage, where it goes through 9 steps, my alarm to wake me up went off at 06:45. There was no way I could dismiss it, so it was just getting louder and louder..! Eventually at 06:47 the "Almost done" stage completed and I was at the lock screen where I could finally dismiss the alarm. Lesson learned - either switch off the alarm before I install an update within an hour of it due to go off, or wait until the evening in future!!

The only problem I've encountered so far, and this happened on build 15235 too, is with Hey Cortana.

Upon the completed install of the build, "Hey Cortana" does not work from the Glance Screen or Lock Screen. It also does not work when phone is unlocked. However, if I open Cortana to the apps' Settings, and close Cortana from the task switcher then "Hey Cortana" works from the phone being unlocked, but it still doesn't work from the phone being locked.

I have had to power the phone off and then on again, unlock the device, open Cortana to the apps' Settings, and close Cortana from the task switcher and then "Hey Cortana" works from the phone being unlocked, and only then does it work from the phone being locked too.

I can confirm that the Settings in Cortana app are definitely all set properly for Hey Cortana to work when the build is initially installed. My phone is a Lumia 950.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site

I had a problem last week on my Surface Pro 4 on the production build where an email came in as I was on the device and I deleted it directly from the Action Centre without opening the Mail app. The badge notification disappeared from my pinned Mail icon on the task bar, and there was nothing on the live tile in the Start Menu either. However, when I did later go into the Mail app, the Inbox folder showed one unread email - but there were no unread emails within the inbox. I emptied the Deleted Items folder, I even selected all emails in the inbox and marked them as unread and then as read, but still the Inbox folder showed one unread email! I had to remove my account from the app and re-add, and that resolved the issue.

This also happened on build 15235 on my 950 just two days ago. Again, I deleted an email from the notification centre rather than by going into the Mail app, and the exact same issue arose. Removing and re-adding my account resolved the issue again.

I don't think it's a build issue, but rather a problem with a recent update to the Mail app.

Sent from mTalk

Demian Mioc

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Here's the fix! Go to Mail app, Settings, Manage accounts and delete your Outlook mail account. Then add your account again and issue is gone!

Last edited:

plasmid_uk

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
This build is notably smoother all around, especially in Groove and when swiping in and out the notification centre. Battery life is also a dream. For the first time in a month I got through a whole day with heavy Bluetooth, WhatsApp and Facebook usage. The last 2 builds required me to use battery saver whenever I wasn't using the phone to get through the day.

TV3

May 1, 2017
Visit site
24 hours in and sure is a smooth experience on 15237, only issue is battery performance (Lumia 640). Today the phone has been on the desk and only browsed the news app at lunchtime and a full drain in 8 hours (that's 7hr50min on standby).

One thing I noticed was that when force closing apps (usually 6), the screen went black and then another batch were there to be closed, in total 11 apps were open / needing closing. Potential cause of extreme battery drain?

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
In almost 9.5 hours overnight last night, the battery charge depleted by 9% - so an average of 0.95% per hour. Better than the night before which was well over 1% per hour on average (can't remember the exact figure). I'll be keeping an eye on the battery life.

I had a problem trying to connect to my Bluetooth speaker today (which is the first time I've tried since updating to the build). I've only recently got the Bluetooth speaker and I paired my 950 with it on the either the previous build or the one before that, I can't remember). Today, although it was still showing as paired, it just would not connect. Removing the Bluetooth speaker and then re-adding it paired and successfully connected.

There is a bug with the Mail app version 17.8400.40556.0 which I refer to in an earlier post (but that I believe is with the Mail app and not the build, as it was also happening on my SP4 on build 15063 until an update to the PC version of the Mail app yesterday to 17.8400.40745.0 seems to have fixed it).

No other issues than what I've already posted in this thread have occurred to date. The phone is running nicely; smooth and responsive. Continuum is working well too, other than the Messaging not opening which I reported in a previous build.

Sent from mTalk

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Whereas in build 15235, battery drain on day one was good but then got significantly worse - the opposite can be said for this build!

On 15237 overnight on night one battery drain was on average well over 1% per hour, on night two it was 0.95% per hour and last night 0.78% per hour (drained 7% in 9 hours).

All in all, in the 75 hours since installing, I'm finding it to be a very good build with a couple of minor issues I've mentioned earlier in this thread.

Sent from mTalk

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
For me, on my single SIM 950XL, I still have these issues:

1 - Apps just randomly quit or don't even load (like Windows Central).
2 - Whilst using an app it just decides to quite back to the Start screen (such as replying in Facebook Messenger)
3 - When swiping up to unlock the phone it will just crash to black screen (have to pull battery and restart).
4 - It will just randomly crash to black screen and be unresponsive when in use (have to pull battery and restart)
5 - Battery life doesn't even last five hours after full charge

This just happened to me:

Unlocked phone, tapped Groove to listen to music, restarts.

Phone restarts, goes to sleep, I unlock it, swipe up to enter passcode, black screen. Instant restart.

Anyone else?

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Well... I was only able to test the maps app (one way) on this build, and that is it :(

Because the day after installing this build, I drove down to the Florida Panhandle for a meeting on the beach with a State AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) for a projection I am working on. While waiting for my contact to arrive, I noticed that a pelican was tangled in some fishing line and unable to fly, or swim. People were scaring it, and you could see it was in distress:( I partnered up with the lifeguard (whom, had a knife), a guy and two mid-aged women on the beach, we slowly circled the entangled pelican that was on the sand at the waters edge - the lifeguard and other guy (that was in a bathing suit) were in the water, the ladies on left and right of shoreline, me (dressed in new $300 laced-up boots, and cargo shorts) on the sand, front and center. As we were at a do or die moment, the pelican managed to get back into the water, about 3 feet out, just enough that my boots were in the water - I had tasked myself with holding the pelican, and its beak, while the lifeguard would cut the line, and the other guy untangled the fishing line from the wings, feet and neck for the lifeguard to cut. I had to make the first move to get to the beak, and as I did a wave came in a drenched my shorts above the cargo pockets....you can see were this is going, I knew my 950XL and wallet were in my pockets, so with one hand I grab my phone and handed it to one of the bystanders. Long story short, we freed the entangled pelican, boy was he/she happy (come to find out the pelican had been entangled for about a week - COME ON PEOPLE! where's your compassion), and... "my phone is toast".

Ordered another 950XL, should be here Tuesday, or Wednesday - I hope:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs