Sluggish Scrolling

Hyrokumata

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I would like to know if you are experiencing sluggish scrolling on Edge. I had this issue on Creators Update, so I decided to join Insiders on Fast Ring a few days ago (currently I am running 15235, didn't reset yet after the upgrade from 15063) and I hoped this issue was fixed. Apparently, it is not!
It annoys me! Even on Read Mode it happens. A page that only has text... laggy scrolling. Specially if you scroll slowly. I can also see the scroll bar flickering, sometimes while moving, and usually when fading in/out. Not only affects Edge, it also seems to affect Windows Central app. Might be a coincidence, or perhaps it's a bug on some UI element that both Edge and Windows Central use. I also installed another browser, Monument Browser, and same experience. I didn't experienced the issue on any other app. For example, myTube, the scroll is smoth. Same across other OS areas.

I own a Lumia 650. It's a low end, yes, but I don't think such thing should happen and it's just lack of optimization.

Anyone with a higher-end device experiencing the same?

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
From my experience, comparing any of my Windows Phones (830/650/950) against the competition, it is pretty evident WM lacks in fluidity and smoothness. Can't honestly say much has improved over the past several months either as it always seems to be "same old" for the most part. So yes, I too see the sluggishness and lagging when scrolling as well, nor has it been limited to Edge or WC from what I'm seeing.

whereismydamnphone

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, had this since i updated to the ****ty creators update. Funny how a lot people kept saying how faster and smoother it felt (seems faster™), my lumia 640 started to perform like ***, then people told that the fast ring builds were better because they're basically bug fixes so i tried them, same crap.
Solution: I got back to w8.1 via WDRT, updated to w10 and used interop tools to fake my device's id so it can stay on AU, it is performing a lot better now. Only problem is that i can't download additional speech languages now, gives an error, there's always something with this crap os, amazing...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720