Windows 10 Mobile build 15250 Discussion (Fast Ring)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
15250 downloading now!

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...er-preview-build-16288-pc-build-15250-mobile/

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-16288-pc-and-15250-mobile-now-available-insiders

What’s new in Build 15250 for Mobile

Two factor Authentication: We are excited to announce that we’ve introduced a two factor authentication unlock mechanism for Windows 10 Mobile. With two factor unlock, an enterprise can enforce an additional security layer to their sensitive data via an MDM policy. Once two factor unlock is enabled, a phone user will have to enter a numeric pin followed by an enterprise-defined factor to unlock the phone. An example of an enterprise-defined factor is a companion device such as an NFC tag which can be used to unlock a phone using our Companion Device Framework sample app and documentation.

AppLocker Improvements: A number of customers have provided feedback on the warning prompts for apps that are blocked by enterprise policies. We’ve improved the UX and updated the MDM SyncML scripts associated with the policies. Application restrictions can be configured by either the ApplicationManagement CSP or AppLocker CSP.

ApplicationManagement/ApplicationRestrictions
ApplicationManagement/ApplicationRestrictions

AppLocker/ApplicationLaunchRestrictions
AppLocker/ApplicationLaunchRestrictions

VPN Improvements: In the modern corporate workplace, mobility is mainstream and secure access to corporate data via VPN has become the norm. We are bringing a range of improvements and features that enhance the reliability of VPN on Windows 10 Mobile. The key updates to our VPN capability are:

Lots of reliability improvements for VPN connectivity in Windows 10 Mobile.
IKEv2 Sleep and Power Enhancements.
VPN completes all pending actions before sleep and disconnects.
Automatic reconnection on resume.
Force tunneled improvements for UWP platform.
Proxy improvements for UWP VPN profile.
Enabling MMS usage when VPN is connected.

General changes, improvements, and fixes for Mobile

• We fixed a regression that was introduced in build 15245 where the fingerprint reader on the HP Elite X3 did not turn on the screen. You needed to turn on the screen before you could use Windows Hello.
  • We fixed some issues where the Maps app navigation would start navigating a route and after performing a reroute, would present a list of possible routes instead of adjusting to the current route.
  • We also improved map-matching particularly for routes using ferries.
  • We fixed an issue where an app using the routing engine (e.g. Maps) would timeout on providing the route if suspended for more than 30 seconds.
  • We fixed an issue where tiles on the Start screen would occasionally be blank.
  • We fixed an issue where a VPN profile that was created via the VPN Management API would always be a dial-up profile.
  • We fixed an issue with the MDM policy used to control Build Flighting by Mobile Enterprise.
  • We fixed a couple of navigation issues when changing from highway to highway (occasionally, signposts were copied from the original highway to the destination highway) and highway to non-highway (erroneous instruction to “enter highway”).
  • We fixed a rare issue where the user’s call history was shown as corrupt after an upgrade.

This build and version is the latest Redstone 3 (?) build in testing for Mobile Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things build 15245, discuss it here.

Is your device behaving oddly, is something just not right? This is the place for discussion of software and hardware issues!
[TIP]Here is some useful information you may find yourself needing.
Some issues with responsiveness and app delays can be resolved by either restarting your phone or performing a Soft Reset.

If things get a bit more serious, you may opt to perform a hard reset or software reset.

Lastly, if things really get serious, you may need the Windows Device Recovery Tool to recover your phone back to working order - head over to the Microsoft FAQ Page for more information.

Make sure you check the official Windows 10 Mobile Support Page as well for some of the most common tips and trouble shooting guides.[/TIP]
[INFO]Restarting your phone involves turning it off and then turning it on again. Turn off your phone by pressing the power button until you are prompted to "Slide down to power off". Turn your phone on again by pressing the power button until it vibrates.

A soft reset is similar to pressing the reset button in PCs and has the same effect as pulling out the battery of your phone and then putting it back in. For phones with non-removable batteries, press the volume down and power button together until your phone restarts. Be aware that when using Windows 10, the voume down and power button combination will also launch Windows Feedback. Just continue to hold down the buttons for a full 10 seconds in order to trigger the soft reset. For phones with removable batteries, you can either opt for the button combination or remove the battery and then return it.

A hard reset or a software reset will reformat your phone by removing all the user information leaving only the bare OS and firmware currently installed in your phone. It does erase data so you should always keep a good backup of your phone just in case you have to resort to this option.

The software reset can be done by going to your phone Settings > System > About > tap on "Reset your phone." You will be prompted once before doing this just to be sure. Be sure, also, to have everything backed up since there would be no way to recover all of your files.

The hard reset accomplishes the same thing as the software reset, but can be accomplished when the phone is non-responsive and you are unable to enter into settings. To perform the Hard Reset, "Power off the phone > hold Volume Down > press Power > keep holding Volume Down until you see the exclamation (!) screen, then immediately release the Volume Down. Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Down. You should see the spinning gears and your phone will reflash the last OS version held in recovery.

The Windows Device Recovery Tool is the final option, for example for "bricked" phones that would no longer turn on, be charged, etc. This can be used to either roll back to a previous OS version or force an update to a more current OS version[/INFO]
Remember, when reporting bugs be descriptive! The more information you give, the better the chance someone will be able to help you.

What OS version? Any special conditions that should be noted? What were you doing? What is the result? Any error codes or messages given? What have you tried for solutions? What variant of the phone are you using? Single SIM or Dual SIM?

Please describe as much as possible about the bug so others may try and replicate the bug and don't make suggestions for solutions that you have already tried which have failed.
[INFO]When reporting bugs/issues, please also use the Windows Feedback app to report issues directly to Microsoft. Microsoft don't actively read forums looking for people reporting issues when they have a data collection system built right into the operating system. They use WF to analyse numbers and prioritise fixes (issues with more reports, get sorted quicker).

"You can use the Windows Feedback app to tell us which features you love about your Lumia with Windows 10, or when something could be better.
1.To launch the app, swipe over to the App list, and then select Windows Feedback.
2.See if someone else has given similar feedback by entering the topic, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
3.If you find similar feedback, tap the Upvote or tap on the feedback to open it, write the problem details to Add details-field and tap Send.
4.To narrow your search to a specific topic, you can filter the results by picking the category that matches your feedback the closest. For example, for feedback about the Microsoft OneDrive, select Apps and Games > OneDrive.
5.If you don’t find any similar feedback, tap + to add new feedback. Select the correct category and subcategory from the dropdown-list.
6.Enter your feedback (the more details the better!), add a screenshot if you can, and tap Send.
[/INFO]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
That was quick! Downloading 15250.0. Lot's of fixes in this build, including the fingerprint sensor bug resolution! HP Elite X3

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for making this thread.

I just installed it.

From my limited use already, Groove seems smoother at scrolling. Also, is it just me or does Store dialog boxes now have a blue outline? Or did I just not notice that before?

This is also a partially related question, but how do you tag forum members in replies? I wanted to tag mtf1380 to say thank you for making this thread, but I don't want to requote their entire original post. Using @ or # does not seem to do anyting.

Was this build intentionally released on the day that Apple launched new iPhones? :grin:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Okay, my first impressions from nearly a days use from this build.

This is a Lumia 950XL, single SIM.

1 - It hasn't coughed and spluttered and has not died yet when I had to unlock my device using a passcode, like so many previous builds.

2 - The battery life seems vastly improved. Not even half battery has been consumed from my normal level of use.

3 - Scrolling and general navigation (e.g. switching between apps) seem far faster.

4 - Device is actually cold, not warm, so that has to be a good sign.

5 - I have not had any random reboots for this build so far.

I am interested in what experience you are all having with this build, but, for me, so far, it's actually rather good.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for making this thread.

I wanted to tag mtf1380 to say thank you for making this thread

All the thanks should go to @zocster, but thank you anyway:)

To answer your question regarding mentions (tags), you are on the right track: an "@" before a member's call sign name (NO SPACE) - e.g. "@Ryujingt3" (but without the quotations).

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
So far, so good for me and my 950XL DS on this build. I unplugged at 97% battery at 7:15am and I'm at 94% four hours later. Even with my very light usage this morning, that's impressive. Back to the level of a few builds ago.

Zero problems or issues with this build so far. (Starbucks app needed to be reset to work again and my Store live tile still only works for a while before giving up the ghost, but those are long-standing issues not tied to this build.)

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Fingerprint sensor issue is resolved however last night I experienced another lockup and missed my alarm. First one on this build since installing last night. HP Elite X3 US

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
My 950xl has not seen any issues since finishing last night. Mail is still slow to open for html emails. Battery seems fine. No lockups or reboots.

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a strange thing happening to message threads, photos are posting repeatedly, messages are superimposed on top of another. Scrolling through, the photos from very recently keep repeating back for months, over and over.

If I am not mistaken this was not an issue on 15245.

Edit:

The above is on my 950XL, I turned on my 950 which is still on 15245 and it downloaded this past week's messages, it is displaying correctly.

It behaved very well today on 15250, no problems whatsoever. Except this of course.

Last edited:

WPenvy

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a strange thing happening to message threads, photos are posting repeatedly, messages are superimposed on top of another. Scrolling through, the photos from very recently keep repeating back for months, over and over.

If I am not mistaken this was not an issue on 15245.

Edit:

The above is on my 950XL, I turned on my 950 which is still on 15245 and it downloaded this past week's messages, it is displaying correctly.

It behaved very well today on 15250, no problems whatsoever. Except this of course.

Same thing happening to me. Lumia 650. There's an issue already bugging this problem in the feedback hub. I added performance data, screenshots of my own, and repro steps.

If you're having this problem go upvote the issue and comment.

vinayakm

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950XL DS and I have both my personal and work sims in the phone. While I am able to use both sim cards, I no longer seem to have the option to configure the notifications for the messaging and phone activities on the 2nd sim.

I remember on earlier builds that the notifications area had separate entries for the messaging and phone app for the 2nd sim where I could set it up different from those on sim 1, but just noticed that they don't show up anymore. Anyone else facing this issue? Or is it just me?

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I have an L950 using Three network in the UK. I updated t te latest buld last night.

The signal icon in the top bar shows no signal, and network setings also show no connection. I cant call out due to no signal, but data seems to work ok (!?) - i'm not connected to wifi. I can force it to find the network in SIM settings, but it drops it again after a few minutes.

Any suggestions?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Fingerprint sensor issue is resolved however last night I experienced another lockup and missed my alarm. First one on this build since installing last night. HP Elite X3 US

I got lockups too, Mark. But my alarms still work, so there's that!

Exciting stuff. As much as feature2 is inherently boring and disappointing, I'm still excited to get it on my Release Preview 950 XL. My 950 has been running just great on it.

I completely agree, Zachary, but I still get random resets.

I have an L950 using Three network in the UK. I updated t te latest buld last night.

The signal icon in the top bar shows no signal, and network setings also show no connection. I cant call out due to no signal, but data seems to work ok (!?) - i'm not connected to wifi. I can force it to find the network in SIM settings, but it drops it again after a few minutes.

Any suggestions?

What happens if you try another SIM card or soft reset? Did this happen in the last build too?

And finally, more updates from me on this build.

I get a no connection message for Bluetooth in Action Center, even though it works perfectly, and it still randomly resets itself after all in this build (it did it twice in succession for me - always after powering on and swiping up to enter passcode to unlock the phone).

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happening to me. Lumia 650. There's an issue already bugging this problem in the feedback hub. I added performance data, screenshots of my own, and repro steps.

I am having the same issue with SMS messages only. Feedback provided. HP Elite X3 US.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

Link?

Sent from mTalk on my 950xl

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)