Windows 10 Mobile build 15252 Discussion (Fast Ring)

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
No more PacMan gobbling up my battery life, like on the first day of the update.

The only issue I've experienced is after taking a picture, it takes a while to be able to view it from the Camera app, the screen goes black when hitting the thumbnail of the pic in lower R corner.

TV3

May 1, 2017
Visit site
You can check for updates while on your mobile data connection (and not on WiFi). It will state something like "This download is xx.x MB in size. Do you want to download it?"

That's a good tip thanks, I've only ever considered an update over WiFi, makes sense that when on Data Connection you get a size warning.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Today, for me at least, whenever I got an SMS message, the live tile told me (e.g. it said '1'), but, when I tapped it, there were no SMS messages visible.

dmunfone

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
This bluetooth issue with my 950XL DS is getting tiresome. When I'm driving, I need the bluetooth connection to work.

Why I'm not getting SIM1 text msg notifications is still a mystery through two versions so far, so what the hell, may as well try 252.

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
This bluetooth issue with my 950XL DS is getting tiresome. When I'm driving, I need the bluetooth connection to work.

Why I'm not getting SIM1 text msg notifications is still a mystery through two versions so far, so what the hell, may as well try 252.
For Bluetooth, I would not want to talk about it anymore.

With the sim messaging notifications, I had similar on my sim 2. It's now working as it supposed to after I had downloaded a new US variant Rom and re-flash with my US variant Rom.
Updated through the non insider or public updates before joining the fast ring insider again.
All is well except those glitches from the bluetooth and one random restart I noticed. Hope this helps you.

dmunfone

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. I was thinking of a reflash, but I'm putting that off for a while.

I miss the Nokia days when I could have a backup of everything stored on my computer.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
WTF!!!!! can't send a picture via messaging MMS (3.2mb)

Update: Fixed! Apparently, my provider needed to update changes on their end... Oh, happy days.

Last edited:

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
For me today (on my birthday of all days) I had a series of random soft resets. About five over the course of the day.

Hopefully, we get a new build soon. PC Insiders have had a fair few new builds recently.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
We are all still waiting for new builds though. Maybe this week.

Yes! I have a number of issues:

> If I open an email account, the action removes all count notification on all other email accounts.

> Couldn't update an app I use (rec'd an error message), so I uninstalled it, now it won't re-install (again, rec'ing an error message).

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Curious lack of mention (in Dona tweets, etc.) of mobile during the current flurry of PC builds. Usually there would be a "no mobile builds today" Dona tweet if a PC build went out without a mobile counterpart (and maybe an explanation as to why) but, unless I missed it, nothing about mobile since the current build almost two weeks ago.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
That wouldn't surprise me, or at least if they went from weekly updates to monthly or quarterly.

Just perhaps were end up seeing new builds of RS3 with Cshell. Just a thought. SInce there was a preview video about it 3 months ago which is pretty far out. Anything could have been improved since then.

Last edited:

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Just perhaps were end up seeing new builds of RS3 with Cshell. Just a thought. SInce there was a preview video about it 3 months ago which is pretty far out. Anything could have been improved since then.

No way. This is the end of the road. Brandon LeBlanc stated on Twitter "feature2 is RS3 for mobile". That's it, that's all, folks.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Curious lack of mention (in Dona tweets, etc.) of mobile during the current flurry of PC builds. Usually there would be a "no mobile builds today" Dona tweet if a PC build went out without a mobile counterpart (and maybe an explanation as to why) but, unless I missed it, nothing about mobile since the current build almost two weeks ago.

I'm with you on this. Amidst the flurry of PC builds, nothing yet for mobile. Hopefully we will get something next week. The latest build still has issues, I do get random soft resets, like always, but there are other bugs too. For example, if you go to Settings and search for Messaging, it appears twice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99