Windows 10 Mobile build 15252 Discussion (Fast Ring)

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
MS wants people and media to not speak about W10M, so they have to be quiet about it as well.
I assume "RS3" of W10M is almost RTM because of the version change to "1709" which build 15252 brought. So maybe the next build or the next after that will be RTM

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, ATT

Good grief, will it EVER end????? For the umpteenth time I went back to my L950 from my Nexus 5X. What can I say..... there are some things I like about Windows and I like the L950.....

And discovered after a couple days that I have no cell data. I didn't notice because most of the time I am on WiFi. But away from WiFi I have no data at all in spite of rebooting, pulling the battery, turning cell data off and back on, manually selecting the ATT cell network, etc. etc. I've done just about everything I can think of short of a FDR. There is the usual cell signal indicator but no LTE indication. Oddly, if I pull down the notification shade it DOES say LTE. But the LTE disappears as soon as I dismiss the notification shade and none of my apps have data if WiFi is not connected.

Hope is rapidly fading for Windows Mobile....... "hustle as a service" ?? More like frustration as a service I'd say.

Paul

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I really don't think there will be a RS4 for mobile. You can have a good read about the future of W10M here:
https://www.windowscentral.com/microsofts-plan-windows-10-mobile-and-existing-phones

So long for that lovely CShell. That was a awesome presentation 3 months ago from WC..... Back on subject though. I am surprise they haven't been any new builds. My guess is the last build they release may be the last build that will be pushed out to everyone soon. Eventually we will be going on 3 weeks of no build.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
L950, ATT

Good grief, will it EVER end????? For the umpteenth time I went back to my L950 from my Nexus 5X. What can I say..... there are some things I like about Windows and I like the L950.....

And discovered after a couple days that I have no cell data. I didn't notice because most of the time I am on WiFi. But away from WiFi I have no data at all in spite of rebooting, pulling the battery, turning cell data off and back on, manually selecting the ATT cell network, etc. etc. I've done just about everything I can think of short of a FDR. There is the usual cell signal indicator but no LTE indication. Oddly, if I pull down the notification shade it DOES say LTE. But the LTE disappears as soon as I dismiss the notification shade and none of my apps have data if WiFi is not connected.

Since nothing else fixed the issue I finally did a FDR. My intent was to restore from a recent backup to speed the process but the restore failed to initiate.... several times..... so I finally skipped the restore and set it up from scratch. So far so good.... data seems to be stable and available any time WiFi is off or unavailable. Not sure the failed restore was a blessing in disguise or not.

Paul

dmunfone

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
Discovered a work-around for my Bluetooth issues. If I keep the phone on charge in my truck, it doesn't drop the BT connection.

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
According to this very site, the RTM build just hit the PC Fast Ring. Surely a mobile equivalent is imminent? Maybe 15253 is it.

Yep, Windows Central stated just now that 16299 is the RTM build for PC. W10M development is not in sync with W10 anymore so it could go RTM in two weeks or even in two months. Nobody knows

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm out guys. I stayed as long as I could but I've decided to move to the Galaxy S8 Plus like Bill Gates has done.
My motivator is my 10 year old Type 1 Diabetic son. He just got a Dexcom which monitors his blood-sugar electronically. I need to use an app to monitor the device and of course, only iOS and Android are the options. I refuse to go Apple so Samsung here I come. I will still participate in the Windows Insider builds with my phones on WiFi, but my primary is switching.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm out guys. I stayed as long as I could but I've decided to move to the Galaxy S8 Plus like Bill Gates has done.
My motivator is my 10 year old Type 1 Diabetic son. He just got a Dexcom which monitors his blood-sugar electronically. I need to use an app to monitor the device and of course, only iOS and Android are the options. I refuse to go Apple so Samsung here I come. I will still participate in the Windows Insider builds with my phones on WiFi, but my primary is switching.

That's a very practical reason to switch. I have a few friends with Dexcom, but they all use iOS. The integration with the Apple Watch is a pretty cool feature, but just having the app so that you are notified of any changes when he isn't with you is great for your piece of mind.

It is sad that you are driven to switch, but this clearly isn't an emotional decision, it is a necessity.

It seems like you most likely won't be missing out on much, at least not in the way of updates to your current device. It will take some getting used to, but the reality is both iOS and Android are great/better alternatives. At least we have the option of two OS that are fully supported.

sb1370

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Recently I'm experiencing a weird issue with cellular network. Usually When I change my place, if someone call me the operator says the mobile set is off. People always tell me why my phone is off. I also can't get SMS in this state. Also sometimes I have no internet on data connection.

Restarting the device solves the issue. I noticed if I dial a number the issue disappears, but I'm not really sure about it.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Installed this build last night. Single sim 950 xl. Doing really well so far. Battery is doing good. No abnormal heat. The only quirk this far I've noticed was with the double tap to wake. Couple times dbl tap would not wake up the screen. It would cause glance to turn off but the display would not move to the lock screen and was just off. Only happened twice earlier this morning and could just be related to the phone being busy.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
@Mark Kaplan, like @mtf1380 says: this is a sad day.

I understand it completely though. Best of luck with your Android phone, and thanks for hanging in there as long as you have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb