Lumia 950 not coping with updates, MS strategy to kill existing phones

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed a marked decline in my handset's performance over the past 3-4 months.

I'm on the fast ring. Where else is there to be if your still holding onto a W10M device.

But since 15226 my phone has really started to struggle. It's incredibly slow, glitches with insane frequency and is really starting to show it's age.

Theory Time.........

Is Microsoft killing W10M by killing OS upgrade device compatibility?

We've all heard the rumour about how with every Apple iOS update the older phones just struggle to the point where they become unusable and for years there's been this conspiracy theory that Apple intentionally brick older devices to force hardware upgrades....

Now we all know that W10M is destined for the graveyard. And there has been some speculation that Microsoft will want to completely eradicate from public memory any reference to W10M before launching a new mobile strategy.

Are these updates eradicating our devices? Are W10M phones being bricked one update at a time?

The fact is that we're in the absolute minority. W10M users represent the tiniest mobile phone user base on the planet. We won't be missed if we vanish.

Our time with W10M is limited. We've been put on a maintenance branch, by now Microsoft have probably taken all there is to take out of W10M and stuck it in whatever Cshell / Arm / Andromeda version of Windows comes next.

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility to believe that Microsoft will speed up the death of W10M through an update process that they know the Lumia devices can't handle to clear the way for whatever comes next.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Excuse the cliche, have you done a hard reset?

Besides on the fast ring, you are bound to have such issues.

I would say if the issues persist across production builds on multiple phones and can be replicated easily then it would be time to speculate.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yup, I hard reset my device after every os update just to clean out the pipes and give the new os a totally clean install.

I appreciate the issues I'm having could be 100% down to my phone, but I also suspect that these updates will eventually push the lumia devices over a cliff

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs