Windows 10 Mobile build 15254.1 Discussion (Fast Ring)

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Daily driver 950 here updated and it seems fine. I have a 640 on the Fast Ring

I hope this build goes to RP and Production in the next couple of days.

Too bad they haven't bothered to fix the BT disconnect issue. It is the only serious issue, but its a biggie when your phone doesn't ring.

I also find it telling that they haven't even bothered to announce this build in their blog. There are probably so few of us left that we don't matter any more.

Paul

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Too bad they haven't bothered to fix the BT disconnect issue. It is the only serious issue, but its a biggie when your phone doesn't ring.

I also find it telling that they haven't even bothered to announce this build in their blog. There are probably so few of us left that we don't matter any more.

Paul

I have been using the phone every day with BT on listening to music and taking/making calls without issue.

I will keep an eye out for any BT issues. I have not done a reset via System About yet.

I did do the Volume Down + Power restart after a few hours use.

My Barclays Bank apps both work after the update. Tapatalk Classic is working as well.

I have stuck my 950 on Release Preview and there have been a few app updates already this weekend.

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I am in the UK with a Vodafone branded 950.

Funny thing is I have had this phone nearly 2 years and I see no need to change it when my contract is up.

I will upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S8 in December and leave the S8 boxed until the 950 dies.

The performance of the phone has gotten better over the last 2 years.

Such a shame Windows 10 Mobile is winding down.

The phone works great and the apps that I use have polished up nicely over the last 2 years.

The build works well on the 640 too.

One thing I may do is hack my 1020 up to this build when it goes to production.

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Updated my primary 950 (also have a backup and an S8), and it seems to running fairly well. Battery life seems similar if not slightly better than previous build. Of course the battery is close to two years old; probably time for a new battery. Nevertheless, it seems like a decent build - as far as Win10m goes. Also, GPS seems somewhat improved(slight preliminary test) though it still pulses a bit while I'm at a stop sign/signal.
Now on RP, unless there is another update before RTM.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So far, after using this build on my 950XL, it hasn't randomly reset at all when waking the phone up from sleep. The battery life also has not plummeted either. Outlook Mail pinned account live tile still doesn't update though for new mail.

Edit - 36 minutes after this original post my phone just soft reset itself. I guess this isn't fixed yet.

Last edited:

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
So far so good on my 950. My battery has 0% wear after nearly 2 years.

No crashes or restarts so far. I am still keeping an eye on how the VT works on this build.

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
So far so good on my 950. My battery has 0% wear after nearly 2 years.

How are you determining "battery wear"? Having zero capacity degradation after two yours would be highly unusual, especially in service in a device that was being constantly either discharged or re-charged. Lithiums aren't likely to go two years without degradation.... EVERYTHING degrades them, including storage ;) That is one of the reasons I like the L950 with its replaceable battery.

Paul

Mwako

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Since the update, my outlook app crashes and has stopped syncing as of the 18th on my 950. (Both accounts are a Microsoft account / email and a gmail via imap.)

Tried a soft reset but still having problems so thinking a hard reset is the way forward as I can't have a device without e-mails.

My other half's 950 phone is also restarted about 6 times today by itself, but her e-mail is working fine with the new focused inbox.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble with Groove? On my phone, it doesn't even try to sync with OneDrive and sync my music files. On my PC (Creators Update, not an insider device) it works fine. Any ideas how I can force it to sync on my phone?

I still get random resets on this build which kills the battery pretty quick.

akshar shah

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I know this post is not part of discussion but can anyone tell me, which is the latest build running on Lumia 730 for fast ring insiders, I am not getting further updates. Am currently on 15063.138

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble with Groove? On my phone, it doesn't even try to sync with OneDrive and sync my music files. On my PC (Creators Update, not an insider device) it works fine. Any ideas how I can force it to sync on my phone?

I still get random resets on this build which kills the battery pretty quick.

An update to my OneDrive issue, it randomly just started working and all my OneDrive music is now on my phone too. Problem solved then, but I still get random resets and crashes.

anon(3463402)

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
As Windows 10 Mobile is dead now, it's first time I wish my Lumia can install and run Android OS. L950XL is nice piece of hardware (several other Lumias too) and it would be great if someone can make this possible. I'm not optimistic, just dreaming...

We worked together with Microsoft "to build better OS", submitted a millions of bugs, suggestions, great ideas... and now what we have? We have dead OS and dead devices. We are extremely stupid people. :)

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
As Windows 10 Mobile is dead now, it's first time I wish my Lumia can install and run Android OS. L950XL is nice piece of hardware (several other Lumias too) and it would be great if someone can make this possible. I'm not optimistic, just dreaming...

You aren't the only one ;)

My L950 ticks all my important boxes... replaceable battery, SD card, OLED screen, great camera, wireless charging. There isn't a comparable current Android phone out there currently. And it doesn't hurt that I got it for $100 on Ebay ;)

Paul

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been having some problems on my 640 with this release, app hangs, a couple of reboots, and BT spontaneously dropping devices that I haven't seen for a long time. Anyone else?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)