Windows 10 Mobile build 15254.1 Discussion (Fast Ring)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
The link to buildfeed in post #93 above shows 15254.12 released on 11-8 and 15254.13 released on 11-10. What's the deal with .13?

I just updated my 950 XL yesterday by quitting the insider program and I updated to .12, .13 isn't showing up.

I also restored my 950 using WDRT and updated through the progression of builds...a pain....and without joining insider and the phone updated to 15254.12.

I take it insider for mobile is done?

Where can I find the list of bug fixes that .12 was said to address?

For a changelog of sorts (not the best) see here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4052314/november14-2017kb4052314osbuild15254-12

Look at what it says under Known Issues, you have to laugh at that!

"Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update."

I am not sure that Insiders is done for phone just yet, but it's not looking good if this build is the latest one. I have no idea how to get the .13 build, sorry.

Anunhappyuser1

Nov 17, 2017
Visit site
Ok, I have been in touch with Microsoft support. After explaining my difficulties about updating my phone and the fact that I have to now pay for support from b2x, I have come to the conclusion that if you bought your windows phone at the start of 2015 your warranty won't cover technical difficulties without paying a fee to b2x for support. Does it make sense to charge customers for support? Even after the 24 month warranty has expired?

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
The link to buildfeed in post #93 above shows 15254.12 released on 11-8 and 15254.13 released on 11-10. What's the deal with .13?

I just updated my 950 XL yesterday by quitting the insider program and I updated to .12, .13 isn't showing up.

I also restored my 950 using WDRT and updated through the progression of builds...a pain....and without joining insider and the phone updated to 15254.12.

I take it insider for mobile is done?

Where can I find the list of bug fixes that .12 was said to address?

The Insider program for W10M wil continue
Insider programme for Windows 10 Mobile to continue to 'RS4' for Lumia 950 etc.

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well that doesn't sound good. Sounds like just another round of bug fixes and security updates no new features to this so called feature 2 rs4.

Personally i don't see a rs4 coming to mobile with no features let alone the Cshell and continuum 2.0 that was shown off a few months back.

Well, W10M did not get any new features with the Creators Update and definitely not with the FCU. As Belfiore stated W10M will never get any new features (it is not their "focus"). What it's important is that they will backport the (full) Windows 10 APIs to W10M, so we can still get the latest app updates

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Well, W10M did not get any new features with the Creators Update and definitely not with the FCU. As Belfiore stated W10M will never get any new features (it is not their "focus"). What it's important is that they will backport the (full) Windows 10 APIs to W10M, so we can still get the latest app updates

I know though still the new cshell would of been nice and a updated continuum. I don't feel that's to much to ask for. Since Continuum didn't get anything new except potriot mode.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I have been in touch with Microsoft support. After explaining my difficulties about updating my phone and the fact that I have to now pay for support from b2x, I have come to the conclusion that if you bought your windows phone at the start of 2015 your warranty won't cover technical difficulties without paying a fee to b2x for support. Does it make sense to charge customers for support? Even after the 24 month warranty has expired?

What difficulties are you having exactly? How is this related to the Insider program? Can you give us more information?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If they do re-enter the mobile industry again, they'll have lot of work to do to convince mobile users

That is very true. That's why MS making their own Android phone seems the easiest thing for them to do to get back in the hardware market and close the app gap and regain customers.

But that's for another topic, as much as I would love to discuss this with you and everyone here. We should stay on-topic.

So, another day, PC gets a new Insider build and mobile gets...nothing.

I am not sure if I will join the Insider program when I get my X3. As for my 950XL and this build, it's much better. I only had one random reset so far. Battery life and stability is much improved.

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
After my Band died and nothing else worked well with WM I went to a SGS8+ but once in a while powered up my X3 to see if any updates came around. I found 15254.1 to be a much better build for trying to keep notifications going to my Garmin watch (The Garmin app has been updated a few times too).

I think the BT disconnect problem affects the connectivity to the watch but it's much much better than it had been (which was 0). I'm back on my X3 for the past couple of weeks as my daily phone. To keep the watch and phone happy I restart both each morning, and a few times during the day I bring up the Garmin app to force a sync with the watch to make sure they're connected and notifications work fairly well. I have had 0 BT problems to for music playing; just the watch can be iffy.

It's great to have Outlook syncing with my phone again (Never worked well to Android).
WM Cortana is much better than the Android version - and improved it seems (She will play a song when I ask for one rather than showing me a Web search for "Play xxxx xxxx").

I hadn't seen .12 as being available and I'm downloading it now. Lets see if it breaks anything.

Update: Yes, BT connection to my Garmin watch drops more frequently.

Update to the update: I did a complete reset with the device recovery tool and the Garmin connection was very poor. I did the insiders upgrade to 15254.1 and the connection was very good. To my dismay the phone self-updated to .12 even though I was on the pre-release ring but the connection to the watch is still solid. Perhaps the complete reset cleaned up some things.

Frank

Last edited:

pgoelz

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
This build on first examination seems to have (finally) resolved the BT disconnect issue I have had where BT disconnects after the phone goes to sleep and then gets stuck in a partially disconnected state with no connection but audio still routed to (disconnected) BT.

Too little, too late for me though. I could not resist the deal Best Buy has right now on the ATT iPhone SE for $149 so I decided to try an iPhone for the first time (I like small phones). Say what you will about Apple, they do seem to support their older phones until the hardware simply can't keep up. Can't say that about MS or the Android world these days and I'm tired of it.

Paul

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Apparent rumours on other Windows news sites (OnMSFT) are that the mobile insider program is no more and we got our final build. Either way, I've now moved from a 950XL to an Elite X3. For now, I am not on the insider program on my Elite X3 because it is better to stay on the production build right now because it is newer.

Edit, just read above and @faisalbaba posted the same thing. I am hoping we will get more fast ring builds for mobile, then I will move my X3 to it, but now it's apparent that MS is focused on PC builds for insiders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99