Windows 10 Mobile build 15254.1 Discussion (Fast Ring)

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
According to ONMSFT, the Windows 10 SDK no longer mentions mobile now. I guess we just have to wait for the official announcement that mobiles are no longer in the Insider program that MS will not announce.

An official announcement by MS? Hahahaha :winktongue:

Soon WPInternals 2.2 will drop and I hope that we will be able to install Andromedia/Windows Core OS on our phones

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
An official announcement by MS? Hahahaha :winktongue:

Soon WPInternals 2.2 will drop and I hope that we will be able to install Andromedia/Windows Core OS on our phones

It seems like this thread has just the two of us here. Are you still on the fast ring? Do you still even use a Windows phone, if I may ask?

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Count 3, Iam also here using Lumia 950 as daily driver, waiting wp internals to play with my custom rom and have my brand new dual screen foldable Surface phone next year!!

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It seems like this thread has just the two of us here. Are you still on the fast ring? Do you still even use a Windows phone, if I may ask?

I will use my 950 till it falls apart. I'm not relying on any apps (except the ones who come with the OS) and I don't throw things away that are working (you know, because of the environment). I'm good for now you know
So it's another 2 or 3 years with my trusted 950 and then I have to evaluate the situation again. In the meantime I hope that some handy hackers will be able to create Windows Core OS ROMs for the Lumias.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I will use my 950 till it falls apart. I'm not relying on any apps (except the ones who come with the OS) and I don't throw things away that are working (you know, because of the environment). I'm good for now you know
So it's another 2 or 3 years with my trusted 950 and then I have to evaluate the situation again. In the meantime I hope that some handy hackers will be able to create Windows Core OS ROMs for the Lumias.

Nothing wrong with that, I admire you! Hope it lasts. Do you have an extra battery or 2?

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
make that 4!

Still limping along with my 950XL as my daily driver...I too am hoping to hold out until the new mobile device is available. I have been experiencing a lot of shut down crashes with this build: 15254.16 (mostly when using the camera).

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
make that 4!

Still limping along with my 950XL as my daily driver...I too am hoping to hold out until the new mobile device is available. I have been experiencing a lot of shut down crashes with this build: 15254.16 (mostly when using the camera).

Glad to know we are not alone! Thank you.

You sound exactly like me and my reason for sticking with W10M. Thank you too.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi loyalists! Posting here even though I am now longer an Insider. I have actually switched back to my 950XL DS for the past 2 weeks. I bought a Mugen Power 9300mah battery/back for the phone and put it back into service. Almost immediately, I had Bluetooth issues and had to do a hard reset to fix. After the hard reset, I lost the CraveTV app (disappeared from the Store) and I discovered the NY Times and Starbucks apps no longer function.

However, I have found that mobile websites are OK substitutes in most cases (although they don't tend to keep you logged in as well). As a bonus, I can use Crave TV through Edge (in desktop mode and with a little fiddling), so I have that and Netflix for video.

But the 9300mah battery is amazing. Yes, the phone looks funny, is heavier and cases don't fit but having that kind of battery life papers over a LOT of cracks with apps and OS. I can use the phone as much as I want, doing whatever I want, all day without ever having to worry about charge.

Mugen makes big batteries/custom backs for lots of Android phones with removeable batteries, too. If I ever go with Android permanently, I will buy a used LG V20 or Galaxy Note 4 or some such and put one of these honking big batteries in it.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Count another masochist in. I am on a L1020 posing as a 950 and in the "Fast" ring.

Not that there is anything new to tell but at least MS knows that we exist. Someone bored with nothing else to do in their office may take pity on us and throw us a bone. :)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Count another masochist in. I am on a L1020 posing as a 950 and in the "Fast" ring.

Not that there is anything new to tell but at least MS knows that we exist. Someone bored with nothing else to do in their office may take pity on us and throw us a bone. :)

Firstly, happy new Year @Kerry2112 and @mtf1380.
@Ektalog, I know what you mean. I might just switch to the Fast Ring on my X3, 'just because'. At least that way I might get something new at some point.

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Anyone knows if the recently disclosed "Spectre" vulnerability has already been patched for in Windows Mobile for ARM? Probably not and I wonder if we will get it...probably yes.

BTW, it does not sound as if the other disclosed vulnerability, "Meltdown", will affect ARM but Intel must be pulling their hairs, though Microsoft may have already patched for those CPU's...or not yet. You can get starting details here.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Anyone knows if the recently disclosed "Spectre" vulnerability has already been patched for in Windows Mobile for ARM? Probably not and I wonder if we will get it...probably yes.

BTW, it does not sound as if the other disclosed vulnerability, "Meltdown", will affect ARM but Intel must be pulling their hairs, though Microsoft may have already patched for those CPU's...or not yet. You can get starting details here.

I am not sure it has been patched for W10M. It will most likely be done last. MS already have said they have released a fix for desktop.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
2018-01 update now downloading on my non-Insider 950XL DS. Anything for you Insiders?

Update completed successfully. Brings me to 15254.158.

Last edited:

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
2018-01 update now downloading on my non-Insider 950XL DS. Anything for you Insiders?

Update completed successfully. Brings me to 15254.158.

Rats! Sorry, I thought that someone still in Fast Ring had already mentioned it earlier. My L1020@950 got updated to 15254.16 just about a week ago. Not that much was improved...

...well, I do love that it now does the dishes with the right soap whereas before it used my shampoo...and now my hair don't smell of Dawn :)

Happy New Year !

Ektalog

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Further to my previous post, I decided to hit the updates checking function. Not really hoping anything -- much less a new "add hair conditioner" function -- I was surprised by what is happening.

Anyway, my phone is now "updating" from my current .16 version to a new .158 like yours.

Hmm, so their math co-processors may have been hit by "Meltdown"? Or, perhaps your update does include the new anti-Spectre/Meltdown and they decided to cover everyone with it, even the Fast Ring. Mere speculation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb