Anyone got your pre-order?

DylanGreen

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered my Acer Mixed Reality headset not too long ago. I sincerely hope it is worth the price. According to the Microsoft Store, it was shipped a few days ago and is set to arrive tonight! I'm not sure how accurate FedEx's estimation is, but I'm certain it will be this week!

So what I'm curious about is:
Which headset did you order?
When did you get it delivered?
Does it work well with your PC?

I personally might make videos about the platform should I have the time , especially since it is pretty new and people are curious about it. My PC has all the specs (i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, enough storage space, proper ports, newest Bluetooth, etc), but the developer portal simulation was a bit slow. Fingers crossed!

Mini_11

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
I pre ordered a Dell Visor on the fourth of October through the windows store (Europe - Austria). However i haven't got any information regarding shipping details. The info box in windows store just states "pre ordered".

Has anyone got any Information concerning the shipping of the Visor?

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Mini_11
I pre ordered a Dell Visor on the fourth of October through the windows store (Europe - Austria). However i haven't got any information regarding shipping details. The info box in windows store just states "pre ordered".

The release is a bit odd, I looked into ordering mine yesterday (UK), the Dell store and MS store were out of stock for the visor but the big electronics retailer Curry's were in stock, so ordered from them and arrived today.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Yea, Dell sold out very quickly. I got mine pre-ordered through PC World but can't get to the depot until tomorrow. It would have come through yesterday if I was unemployed or a pensioner and could be in to sign for it. Looks like they underestimated demand... 😀

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

The moral of the story is... never trust MS. Easy to say after you've been an MS fan for a while. Hard to follow that advice though. Still, I never use the MS store when I can buy from somewhere with an actual physical shop I can get to. If you can get to an MS shop, collect from there next time.

Mellifluous

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by AndyCalling

The moral of the story is... never trust MS. Easy to say after you've been an MS fan for a while. Hard to follow that advice though. Still, I never use the MS store when I can buy from somewhere with an actual physical shop I can get to. If you can get to an MS shop, collect from there next time.

Not sure what Austria is like though, it could be that MS online store was op's only option and there are no physical MS stores in Europe yet. In UK it's early days but the release is scattered, Amazon alone only lists 2 of the models (HP & Acer) and the Acer is listed as not in stock yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss