Hi Guys

I asked this on the micorsoft holo lens forums last week but as that place seems to be a ghost town and I just stumbled across this forum which seems to be a lot busier I thought I'd try here too.

Using the Dell visor to watch 360 videos from the app in the cliff house. whenever I start a video the area I would consider to be the focal point of the video is always directly behind me. for example the lap of laguna seca when the video launches I'm looking at the rear quarter panel of the car and have to turn though 180 degrees to look out of the windscreen.

I have tested this both in seated and in boundary mode.
    I have yet to try centering the headset facing away from my laptop, but I suspect this may cause other issues in the WMR environment?
    01-14-2018 09:29 AM
    Bit more playing with the headset last night and found that the same happens with Holotour & with the welcome/orientation in SteamVR however once into stemaVR and playing warcade demo it seemed to be normal
    01-15-2018 09:25 AM
    There is a setting in the SteamVR settings file that you can add to enable turning with the left joystick at any time. It works really well and WMR really needs the same functionality for native WMR. Let me know if you want the instructions to enable it in Steam
    01-16-2018 05:59 PM
    Hi Mythos

That would be great thanks.

Grant
    01-17-2018 07:38 AM
    Here is an WC article on it. I'm right handed and I found that I preferred to enable it for my left thumbstick rather than the right in article

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-e...y-steamvr-game
    01-18-2018 09:38 AM
    Here is an WC article on it. I'm right handed and I found that I preferred to enable it for my left thumbstick rather than the right in article

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-e...y-steamvr-game
    Hi Mythos

Just tried this & SteamVR tries to re run the room setup but gets stuck at telling me to position the headset within line of the base station.

Although I notice the file is now in a different path to the one in the article.

I'll play around when I get a bit of time and see if I can make it work/figure out what I missed

Thanks again
    Grant
    Last edited by grantson; 01-24-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    01-23-2018 05:36 PM
    I never run that room setup on Steam. I don't think it is meant for WMR. But it shouldn't come up automatically. Is it for you?
    01-26-2018 06:39 PM
    It was running automatically on startup of steamVR until I reverted the config file.
    I've tried re-adding the config from the microsoft article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...-mixed-reality. SteamVR loads but neither thumb stick turns

The only thing i noticed is the path is
    c:\Program Files (x86)\steam\Steamapps\common\SteamVR\resources\ rather than
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\

could it be a newer version of the app or the incorrect driver?

I'll keep tinkering and see how i get on.
    01-28-2018 11:48 AM
    Here is what works for me.

My file is:
    \\Program Files (x86)\\Steam\SteamApps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\resources\settings\default.vrsettings

My content is:
    {
    "driver_Holographic" : {
    "renderTargetScale" : 1.0
    },
    "driver_Holographic_Experimental" : {
    "thumbstickTurnLeftEnabled" : true,
    "thumbstickTurnRightEnabled" : false,
    // Some people may experience increased discomfort such as nausea, motion sickness, dizziness,
    // disorientation, headache, fatigue, or eye strain when using “smooth turns” in Windows Mixed Reality.
    "thumbstickTurnSmooth" : true
    },
    "NoInterEyeRotation" : {
    "DOOMVFRx64.exe" : true
    }
    }
    krisguy likes this.
    01-29-2018 06:53 AM
    FYI, WMR expects the home direction to be facing your PC's screen. SteamVR assumes the opposite. If you ever have an issue where you have to turn around in SteamVR apps, that's why.

#justanote
    Guytronic likes this.
    02-13-2018 10:45 AM