I picked up a HP headset on eBay without controllers, figuring that I would get those later if I felt like it (my original purpose was to play Elite: Dangerous in VR).

The general experience with mouse+keyboard is OK (once I realized that the mouse wheel can control your facing after a teleport), but I'm not sure that I know all of the options. For example, what are the keyboard commands? Other than the windows key to bring up the Start menu in VR space, I'm not aware of any.
    03-18-2018 03:37 PM
    I picked up a HP headset on eBay without controllers, figuring that I would get those later if I felt like it (my original purpose was to play Elite: Dangerous in VR).

The general experience with mouse+keyboard is OK (once I realized that the mouse wheel can control your facing after a teleport), but I'm not sure that I know all of the options. For example, what are the keyboard commands? Other than the windows key to bring up the Start menu in VR space, I'm not aware of any.
    There really isn't any other key commands. Anyone that actually owns a WMR device can chime in?
    03-21-2018 11:33 AM
    I use the controllers, so I can't help as far as having a list of commands. This article might help: https://www.windowscentral.com/do-yo...-mixed-reality
    03-23-2018 10:32 AM
    Hmm. Not really. That article doesn't even mention the mouse controls.

Thanks, though.
    03-31-2018 02:23 PM
    I have a HP WMR with the controllers. I've never tried it without and I don't think they sell the headsets without the controllers (or vise versa). They may not have prioritised keyboard shortcuts.
    04-01-2018 08:34 AM
    They used to sell the headsets without controllers (and the original devkits didn't have controllers either), but you're right, they are only available as a package now.

FWIW, this page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-mixed-reality) does a good job of summarizing how to perform actions with controllers, a gamepad, or keyboard+mouse.
    05-24-2018 01:35 PM