Worried About Microsoft Dropping Support

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Having been an early adopter of WMR with my HP headset, I'm starting to get a little worried about the recent news regarding MS and Mixed Reality. Is anybody else who owns a headset worried as well?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Having been an early adopter of WMR with my HP headset, I'm starting to get a little worried about the recent news regarding MS and Mixed Reality. Is anybody else who owns a headset worried as well?

It seems another fiscal based decision if true; as why would you cancel WMR if you are about to unveil Hololens 2+ in Mobile World Congress. As AR and VR are two sides of the same coin, not to mention you can turn a AR headset into a VR headset quite easily and the Xbox One X is quite capable running VR although the frame rate and frame times need to be ascertained.

Then again Microsoft cancelled their Mobile division prior to launching the L950 series so there is precedent.

One of the main issues is that Wall Street does not like risks and a cancellation means less or no risk thus the stock goes up since it's easier to sell and easier to forecast growth as there are less variables to consider.

In my opinion having worked in sales, I can tell you it's the laziest form of selling stocks as you don't have to convince anyone about the risks. Plus there is no risk to the seller as the stocks are not sold against the background of a new venture which may or may not succeed (the growth of which would be some what difficult to forecast).

Thus leaving their reputation untarnished therefore the cycle continues.

tolurion

Mar 28, 2019
Visit site

I must say I just recently purchased a mixed reality headset and just yesterday I logged into the Virtual Home and opened up the Halo App which told me that the Halo App would be removed in a future update. Unfortunately there was no other information, no mention of a replacement etc. So i'd like to see where this is going after spending some money on this.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything online regarding that change.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site

They have recently gained over 10 percent of VR marketshare, and that only seems to be growing, (especially as occulus seems to be losing interest in PC VR IMO, favouring mobile). It seems like their future market prospects are excellent, it would be an entirely odd time to bail out.

What recent news?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3