12-04-2008 09:49 AM
29 12
tools
    Are you testing the paid version or free version? The free version will duplicate if you have appointments in your phone that are in read-only calendars in Google. That's one reason why the paid version is important.
    If your online copy of contacts/appointments are correct then try the Reload Device option (or vice versa). This wipes the slate clean before restoring with a slow sync.
    12-02-2008 01:48 PM
    I'm evaluating the premium version. I've reached out to Goosync support but what I'm thinking happened was that during the Slow Mode sync, the data fields weren't matched up correctly. I'm going to change everything to Normal Mode and see what happens later tonight.
    12-02-2008 02:32 PM
    I've soft reset my Treo and the goosync kicked in according to the auto schedule after all. There's a shortcut in my Startup folder after all. I'm unsure if the autosync will continue between resets when the app has been close manually or by the memory manager.
    12-04-2008 09:41 AM
    Going to "Normal Mode" helped tremendously. I haven't heard back from Goosync but it looks like if there's an interruption in the synchronization, the sync mode reverts back to "Slow Mode" where everything is thrown on the server and filtered back to WM and Google.

My guess is somehow the filtration process got botched and shuffled my contacts as well as duplicating the appointments. So far I've done four syncs without an issue. I just have to make sure Goosync is in "Normal Mode".

I'm moving on to Nuevasync and then a few others. I should have a big OTA Roundup ready to send to the editor by first of next week.
    12-04-2008 09:49 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD