Which mobile database?

dougsyo

Nov 25, 2008
Visit site
I'm looking at some of the databases for my BJII. I'm aware of Handbase, MobileDB, and Data on the Run

- MobileDB - just ruled it out, it doesn't appear to have a Smartphone version.

- Handbase is relational, has Palm version, has data collection forms, and various sync/conduit options including Access and ODBC. It's significantly more expensive although you can buy some of the connectors after the fact rather than up-front.

- Data on the Run doesn't have a Palm version (which may not be a problem, I rarely use my TX now), does SQL, supports Access and Vista including synchronization, very inexpensive, can import csv's on the phone. Appears to depend on Access on the desktop as opposed to a desktop client.

I'm getting ready to install trial versions of both ... any experience with either product, or other suggestions?

Doug

KitC

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
Print from Treo 800w and Vista Systems

looking for a program that will support Vista and 800w so that I can print document via bluetooth. Any idea's? I have tried printboy as a recommendation of Sprint, but that too failed. It would seem, that the Treo having a print option, your could beam the document to the printer? Is this possible? If not, then could you suggest programs to enable this
application?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos