Contact Synch Question

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
My knowledge of WM & synching still needs lots of help. So, here's my scenario.

I started synching my 8525 on my laptop, which has an unlicensed MS Office 2003 version (small business), so no Outlook contact synching. When I got my Treo Pro, I was pointed toward Dashwire to synch contacts & some other things between phones. That worked like a charm.

At one point, the device exploration function in Activesync stopped working, so I switched to my desktop, which has a fully licensed educational version of MS Office 2003. I haven't used Outlook for years, so I forgot about all the old contact data -- much of it with outdated info. This, of course, is when my phone decided to synch with Outlook, mixing my phone contacts with the Outlook contacts both in Outlook & on my phone. Then an automatic Dashwire synch spread the joy there, too.

So, here's my question. I know I'm going to have to manually clean out the duplicates & old data. Is there one place (desktop Outlook, the phone or Dashwire) where I can do that once & correct all three? Or am I stuck doing the same thing three times?

TIA

Bill

riChchestMat#WP

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I believe that you can set AS to overwite handheld.

In any case I recommend copying your contacts folder in Outlook and fixing that. Then use that to replace your default folder and you'll have it there in case your first attempt to sync correctly doesn't come off as hoped.

kraski

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
I believe that you can set AS to overwite handheld.

In any case I recommend copying your contacts folder in Outlook and fixing that. Then use that to replace your default folder and you'll have it there in case your first attempt to sync correctly doesn't come off as hoped.

I actually managed to get rid of the same extra records in both, manually, while I was catching up on a little TV. :) Grabbed info off my Dashwire account for one record I accidentally deleted, then matched that up. Now I have phone, Outlook & Dashwire.

Thanks. BTW, I did set Outlook as the priority source on the next synch. Now, till I get another glitch, I have the phone as having synch priority since I add new records there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss