Help: MPEG-4 formatted audio podcasts don't play... how to fix?

jctang

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Title says it all. It seems that even though my zune software can play and will let me copy mpeg-4 based podcasts over onto Windows Phone, there continues to be an issue with the zune software on the phone that won't let me play. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a patch?

Thanks!

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Are the podcasts downloaded through Zune? I just searched through marketplace and subscribed to all my usual podcasts. It auto syncs the 3 most current of each to the phone.

jctang

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Are the podcasts downloaded through Zune? I just searched through marketplace and subscribed to all my usual podcasts. It auto syncs the 3 most current of each to the phone.

Yes, I downloaded them through Zune. I can play the podcasts in Zune, but not on my phone. It allows me to sync it to my phone, but yet doesn't let me play them.

Does anyone know??? I'm forced right now to take the mpeg-4 audio file and convert it to mp3... but I should have to make this step!

Anyone?

J

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
that's weird. I haven't had any problems with audio or video podcasts that I subscribed to in zune.
Which podcasts are giving you trouble?
Also, I think in zune settings there is a choice to auto convert files, is that checked?

jctang

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
that's weird. I haven't had any problems with audio or video podcasts that I subscribed to in zune.
Which podcasts are giving you trouble?
Also, I think in zune settings there is a choice to auto convert files, is that checked?

Here is a link to a podcast I have downloaded that is in m4a format (Mpeg-4 Audio). It's a music podcast: itpc://web.me.com/djjoeg/podcast/DJ_Joe_Gauthreaux/rss.xml

Yes, I have it auto checked to convert... but yet it didn't work. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Justin

apc_monk

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I am also having this problem. Namely the Engadget and Engadget Mobile podcasts are a MP4 format and can play on the Zune software but not on the phone(Samsung Focus).

apc_monk

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok might have at least found a work around. Downloaded the Podcasts! App which is free. Using that I was able to listen to the Engadget podcasts which are .mp4s. Give it a shot, it doesn't seem to save your place in the podcast though if you stop it somewhere

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jctang

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if this issue has been fixed where .m4a files can play in zune, but will not convert and play in Windows Phone 7?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99