A running list of needed WP7 fixes

KingKobe

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Engage brain dump of ideas/tweaks for WP7:

MarketPlace:
- No way to see full title of app if it goes past the edge of the screen

Brain dump disengaged.

Same thing with email subject...if its too long then it gets cut out and theres no way to see it. Its VERY annoying

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell if I said this elswhere but Live Tiles for folers, so when AlphaJax has notification but only my games folder is pinned, I know to play my damn game! Same when I can put all my emails into one start screen folder and so on.

wqertyu

May 4, 2011
Visit site
just got a lg optimus with latest update

copy/paste= should be hold to start copy/paste, double tap doesn't work that well in internet explorer. double tap at google and it tried to zoom. can't copy any of the uneditable content from internet explorer

music video= can't search through a song or video. no repeat

message and email= can't select multiple recipient

internet explorer= address bar and reload button is hard to reach with one hand
nice if it could be at the bottom of the screen. no forward button, home button. landscape mode no address bar, forward, backward buttons etc

picture= can't move to next picture in zoom mode

auto change lock screen pictures, like back ground picture on my latop

another two collumns of of live tiles to the left, with some bit of it protruding into the home page to know that its there?

customize of what appear on lock screen? i personally like current temperature together with time and date

wqertyu

May 4, 2011
Visit site
my bad copy and paste works fine

multiple select, quick delete, forward/backward buttons(better yet swipe) for messages. its there for emails but not messages.

Last edited:

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to charge it with the phone off? I currently put it in airplane mode when I charge it, as it seems to charge faster that way.

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so... Does airplane mode make that big off difference?

You could buy an extra data cable, and whenever behind a pc hook it up to that. just a thought.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so... Does airplane mode make that big off difference?

You could buy an extra data cable, and whenever behind a pc hook it up to that. just a thought.

That's a good idea. In fact I have a ton of cables around here.

Putting it in Airplane mode really does seem to help it charge faster. It may be placebo though, I have never timed it. :p

Ammer758

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Headphone Controls

I don't really have a lot of issues, but here are a few.

1. I want headphone controls that work. I use Shure headphones with an inline mic. On this mic are three buttons (-,>,+). These buttons currently will pause the music and that is it. Ridiculous. The minus and plus should control the volume and the center button should pause, hold for speech calling, double hit to track forward, and triple hit to go back.

I know that is not the top an everyone's list, but when you are *** to elbows on the train every morning you can't always pull your phone out to do these things. Plus, it should work. If there is an app that ads that functionality, please let me know.

2. Custom Ringtones for contacts.

3. An option to omit the "call me back number" in text messages. Put a call button at the top of the message list or something, but it wastes too much space when you print it over and over again.

4. Syncing of more than just the inbox to your phone for "other" mailboxes. I have comcast e-mail accounts, and I would love to sync those folders on my device, but I have only been able to do the inbox.

5. Zune, the Now Playing, On the Go playlist functionality is pretty bad.

6. Option to show battery and time at the top all the time.

7. Better measurement of the remaining battery life. Currently my phone will be over 70% all day, but when it gets under 40% or so I better get to an outlet because it plummets after that.

8. Weather tile on the lock screen is a great idea, I saw someone else posted that.

That is all. Overall I do love the phone. I hated my iPhone in the end.

Mike

ChrisLynch

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
@Amber758:

"4. Syncing of more than just the inbox to your phone for "other" mailboxes. I have comcast e-mail accounts, and I would love to sync those folders on my device, but I have only been able to do the inbox. "

You can do this today. While in the Inbox of the Email account, select the Folders icon in the App Bay, then the folder you want to browse to. There will be a link within the Items list that says "Sync this folder". Select it, and that folder will now sync.

Ammer758

May 10, 2011
Visit site
@Amber758:

"4. Syncing of more than just the inbox to your phone for "other" mailboxes. I have comcast e-mail accounts, and I would love to sync those folders on my device, but I have only been able to do the inbox. "

You can do this today. While in the Inbox of the Email account, select the Folders icon in the App Bay, then the folder you want to browse to. There will be a link within the Items list that says "Sync this folder". Select it, and that folder will now sync.

I had tried that multiple times and it only brings in new messages. I want the entire folder to come in. It works with my Gmail account, not with the Comcast accounts that I have setup in Windows Live Mail.

Ammer758

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't really have a lot of issues, but here are a few.

1. I want headphone controls that work. I use Shure headphones with an inline mic. On this mic are three buttons (-,>,+). These buttons currently will pause the music and that is it. Ridiculous. The minus and plus should control the volume and the center button should pause, hold for speech calling, double hit to track forward, and triple hit to go back.

UPDATE: Turns out this is an issue with the headset. I own Shure 115M+ with an in-line mic. The MIC DOES NOT WORK AT ALL on the HTC Arrive. Sadly, I bought these headphones a couple of months ago and they will be worthless if I keep the phone.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I had tried that multiple times and it only brings in new messages. I want the entire folder to come in. It works with my Gmail account, not with the Comcast accounts that I have setup in Windows Live Mail.

What time frame do you have for syncing messages;1 or 2 weeks, month, all? My AOL and Yahoo folders sync fine. Once I select a folder, its aways there for me.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
A fix I'd really like to see is true mms: mpeg, jpeg, avi, mp3, mp4. I don't think I should have to troll around the web for a/v messages that can be received on a feature phone for crying out loud.

Mateosmith

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I would like for Zune marketplace to recognize more of my artists, and the artists that they do recognize they have low quality pics for? I have no idea why some are high quality and then lesser known bands are low quality, but it seems like if they have a pic at all then it should be high quality

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Notification of exactly what the marketplace app updates will do exactly. I updated Shazam the other day and now I don't have unlimited tagging anymore. I love my phone but Shazam tricked me and that's definitely not cool.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Notification of exactly what the marketplace app updates will do exactly. I updated Shazam the other day and now I don't have unlimited tagging anymore. I love my phone but Shazam tricked me and that's definitely not cool.

That should be a requirement imo on each app page. What new items/fixes etc are in this version revision.

sangwl

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
text messages

for some reason, with certain people, there is a "call back number" on each bubble with text messaging, with others there isn't

why is this? I want to get rid of the call back number

Xplode22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
for some reason, with certain people, there is a "call back number" on each bubble with text messaging, with others there isn't

why is this? I want to get rid of the call back number

I heard in another thread that it's a Verizon thing. I do notice it when I get texts from my wife but not from others. Maybe it's Verizon-to-Verizon texting. I don't know if you can turn it off.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I love WP7 but my issues with it so far are:

1. Search button inconsistency. I hate how I cant tell if search is going to search through an app (people, email) or exit the app and take me to Bing search. Taking me to Bing search caught me by surprise when I was in the App list, text messaging, and even maps.

2. No universal search. This isnt a big deal if I can just search through the apps. (But like I said in #1, this takes you to a Bing search).

3. Notifications for text messages aren't smart enough. If I get a text, I see the notification at the top of who its from and the beginning of the message. I can click it and it takes me to our text conversation, and it hides the notification at the top. BUT, if I get a notification and access my texts by clicking the messaging tile and then the contact, the notification doesnt automatically disappear! Its still on its normal timeout.

4. I dont like how if I'm texting and hit back, it just hides the keyboard. I think its forcing the user to make 2 actions to get back to his inbox. You can click the backspace to hide the keyboard so clicking back once should take you right to the inbox. Sucks you have to click back twice every time. Click the blackspace to hide the keyboard, click back to go to inbox.

5. Wish it had scroll-to-top feature like the iPhone does.

densbucs

Aug 22, 2009
Visit site
I just want to get video playback from skydrive to a Windows Phone. I have yet to read if that is to be included in Mango or not. If i record a video on my Trophy and then push it up to my skydrive, my friends and family cannot play the video on a Windows Phone. When friends or family select my pfofile from thier Windows Phone, and see that i posted a new video on skydrive they recieve a ' Device cannot playback video' on thier phone. WHY IS THIS SO?????? The video can be viewed on a computer browser but not a Windows Phone????

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss