Deleting Gmail emails on your phone does NOT work

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I went to m.google.com/sync on my Trophy and there wasn't a download. There are links to instructions, but is there an actual app?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I went to m.google.com/sync on my Trophy and there wasn't a download. There are links to instructions, but is there an actual app?
There's no download, just log in with your gmail account, tap on your device in the list (mine was named WindowsPhone), then you'll see a checkbox that you can select that says Enable "Delete Email As Trash" for this device.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I just tested this by deleting an email from my Gmail account on the phone's Outlook app, pressing the sync button and then logging into email on my computer.

The email I deleted on the phone disappeared from my inbox on the computer, as I would expect it too.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps I misunderstood martan's question. I thought he was asking about an option during setup (like how often to set it to sync or something), but if the question was whether or not to choose "Outlook" or "Google" at the very beginning when deciding which TYPE of account to add to the phone, I added it as a Google account. I just have it set up to send or receive mail instantly, so it works like an exchange account.

martan1981#WN

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Mike: If you set your account as Google instead of exchange, can you still synchronize mail, calendar and contacts? I thought that if I want to sync all 3 of them, I have to set account as exchange. At least that is how it works on iphone.
And if you set it as Goolge, isnt the mail working as IMAP? Which means there is no push, as IMAP IDLE is not supported?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99