Now, or Later?

karelj

May 7, 2009
Visit site
thats all i was saying that the diffrent OS vershions for the same makes it REALLY annoying !! and android is essentially the only OS that does it HENCE why i think it sucks ,

sorry if i state facs pisses you off! *talking to MGarcia**
and about my spelling , OK , thats you deffence to me pissing you off?? did i insolt your Fav Android os???

and for the record there more then 2 version for android right now , some of them are still on the 1.XX vershions FOR THE RECORD!! maybe not in your country. but it mien there is.
exmaple Motorola Blure is still on the same OS as last year! , because of the blure app stops it from updating ( thast 1 example ) and the GALXI has the same problem ( not glaxie S , the glaxie )

Ether way i mgiht be A fan boy and im proud of it , atlease i dont attack people . i just give my point of view and facts on phones . and the only way you can get a thank you from any 1 is by bashing other members , GJ Mgarcia , your an ***. the simple fact that your sooo quick to defend other OS and cry about it just make you a Bigger ****** . lmao ... so keep digging your hole. im sure you would fit nicely over at Android central. dont foget to trade in your wp7

Dude, really??? This is an awesome forum/community we have going here and this childish attitude and manner of posting that you display is really not welcomed here. No one attacked you, no one bashed you... you're the one calling people names here.
And as for you giving 'facts', you are sadly mistaken. What you are doing is ignorant posturing and rehashing of old, incorrect statements then throwing a hissy fit when someone calls you on it. Perhaps you should head over to 4chan, that seems to be more your speed.

Honestly, if you continue like this, you will find yourself ignored real quick. A lot of good people built this forum up with the quality of their posts and there is no way that folks here are going to let the likes of you drag this place down into the gutter.
Get with the program or find another place.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Android is linux, which is to say, stable. The problem is that Google doesn't create drivers for the hardware, the manufacturers do, and I have found that often times, they just don't feel stable to me. The real Google phones, the Nexus line, has drivers coded by the folks at the G, so they are rock solid. That trickles down to the next set of phones that use the same hardware.
Couldn't agree more with what you have said about Android. Just came from HTC Hero and Wildfire, although HTC have done an excellent job with the Sense UI, it just feels wrong to use in a weird way. It's not as polished as WP7 or iOS, I remember avoiding the Marketplace before it was revamped due to it being horrible to navigate. Other than that, instability (as you say), slowness and the general irritation wrecks the experience for any heavy user. Having 1,000 texts stored in one threaded conversation for example, slowed the HTC Hero to snail speed, deleting the conversation and all 1,000 texts required me to plug it into a nuclear power station.

I'm still counting down the days for me to own an openBSD smart phone.

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
WP7 is impressive, but it has a long way to go in terms of growth and maturity. The lack of things like copy-paste, multitasking, and backup/restore out of the gate show that MS is focusing on aspects of the platform that may not be in the users' best interest. Mileage for each user may vary of course, as I've found the migration from webOS to WP7 and it's lack of the above features to be extremely difficult. For others, these features may be inconsequential. It's easy to say that WP7 gets more things right than wrong.

I'm a patient man. I waited 19 months for Palm to turn webOS into a killer platform, and it never happened. Now I'm here. I'm convinced Microsoft has the means to keep Windows at the top of the smartphone pile, but I just need to be convinced they have updates in the pipeline that will address my issues.

On the topic of hardware itself, I own a Focus. I like it, but no phone is perfect.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Proud HTC owner here! The Surround is awesome, because I can easily pop the collar on it's speakers and kickstand, then set it down in any street corner on the Las Vegas strip, and start break dancing for money, so I can pay for my monthly data plan, so I can download songs, so I can keep break dancing on the streets of Vegas. It won't make you rich, but it can get you chicks, or dudes, whichever's clever for you. I haven't actually got chicks yet, but I was told it would. Plus, the HTC Surround pays for itself in 2 years.

Screw waiting. There will be a new phone every 3-6 months and you will always find one that will be better than the current offerings. I say, the sooner you get a phone, the sooner you can upgrade to the latest and greatest!

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Proud HTC owner here! The Surround is awesome, because I can easily pop the collar on it's speakers and kickstand, then set it down in any street corner on the Las Vegas strip, and start break dancing for money, so I can pay for my monthly data plan, so I can download songs, so I can keep break dancing on the streets of Vegas. It won't make you rich, but it can get you chicks, or dudes, whichever's clever for you. I haven't actually got chicks yet, but I was told it would. Plus, the HTC Surround pays for itself in 2 years.

Screw waiting. There will be a new phone every 3-6 months and you will always find one that will be better than the current offerings. I say, the sooner you get a phone, the sooner you can upgrade to the latest and greatest!

That has got to be the most epic use of the Surround's speakers ever.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Ninja, I'm going to sell the house, wife, kids and move to Vegas to join your crew!

Now for topic. I say go ahead and get it now. I am not sure where you live but word here in Tulsa OK is 4G won't be here till probably 3rd QTR next year and that is the only reason to wait. Look down at my sig. That's the device I recommend but you really need to just pop into your local ATT store and play with all the devices. My local store I went in there about twice a week for 3-4 weeks. I would just look at someone and say I just wanted to mess around and they left me alone.

kthoag

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
thats all i was saying that the diffrent OS vershions for the same makes it REALLY annoying !! and android is essentially the only OS that does it HENCE why i think it sucks ,

sorry if i state facs pisses you off! *talking to MGarcia**
and about my spelling , OK , thats you deffence to me pissing you off?? did i insolt your Fav Android os???

and for the record there more then 2 version for android right now , some of them are still on the 1.XX vershions FOR THE RECORD!! maybe not in your country. but it mien there is.
exmaple Motorola Blure is still on the same OS as last year! , because of the blure app stops it from updating ( thast 1 example ) and the GALXI has the same problem ( not glaxie S , the glaxie )

Ether way i mgiht be A fan boy and im proud of it , atlease i dont attack people . i just give my point of view and facts on phones . and the only way you can get a thank you from any 1 is by bashing other members , GJ Mgarcia , your an ***. the simple fact that your sooo quick to defend other OS and cry about it just make you a Bigger ****** . lmao ... so keep digging your hole. im sure you would fit nicely over at Android central. dont foget to trade in your wp7

My God, you cannot spell a lick, can you? We really need to get around to that "Internet Drivers' License" idea..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99