What do you expect to see in the first update?

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
there's not reason why I shouldn't be able to use app like TWiT (which is written by Microsoft employees)

In his defense, he's a consultant and doesn't actually work on the WP7 side of MS :) and while I agree with you, I still think it would be a huge mistake for them to take on something as huge as multitasking when nearly ever aspect of the phone currently has some kind of bug associated with it.

merrick

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I've found that the biggest thing I miss is pressing the top of the screen and the browser/app going straight to the top again!

Also no rotate option, that took Apple ages to implement that!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully they'll add a way to enter a address while in landscape mode while browsing. Having to turn the phone just to enter a web addy is just dumb.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
c&p and some type of app switching. not necessarily multitasking. if it does save state like the iPhone, i'll be happy. certain apps do need to have background processing though... like gps & media streaming apps.

Last edited:

antiquegamer

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
In his defense, he's a consultant and doesn't actually work on the WP7 side of MS :) and while I agree with you, I still think it would be a huge mistake for them to take on something as huge as multitasking when nearly ever aspect of the phone currently has some kind of bug associated with it.

Oh I agree completely there are so many bugs and glitches that need to be fix first (hopefully it's all in this upcoming update). That said, they really need to open up app like Last FM and TWiT to be able to run in the background, considering you can't download podcasts while you are not connect to Zune! (another thing that need fixing for the marketplace)

The stuff they show at CES is so lackluster ... and the lack of news and info is terrible. The platform is in it early stage and need the fanbase to be excited and help promote the OS but MS yet again keeping things in the dark. This is what kill the Zune, they have great products but can't keep the momentum going.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
You like having to rotate you phone from landscape to enter a addy? You got to be kidding me!

Metro Browser is an 3rd party app. It allows you view portrait and landscape full screen. You have to use an arrow order that takes you too a different screen to type the your URL you would like to go to then brings you back. Pretty slick app and I use to use but I like the way Surf Cube works.

http://www.windowscentral.com/browser-war-on-metro-browser-raises-ante

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
You like having to rotate you phone from landscape to enter a addy? You got to be kidding me!

I said I like the way that Metro Browser approaches it. They put a little button in the bottom right corner that takes you to a whole different page where you can enter a URL, pull up a favorite, history, etc. while staying in landscape.

That being said, I don't exactly have a problem with having to switch to portrait to put in a URL since putting an address bar in the landscape view would absolutely KILL real estate for looking at the actual web page.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
just thought of something... a way to stop the device from going into landscape.

i like using it in portrait and have no issues typing this way.

if this is possible already (w/o hacking/jailbreaking), let me know... haven't found the option.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
No, he wants to lock the phone in portrait mode period. The few apps that rotate to landscape can be frustrating to use in bed. If I were more comfortable typing in portrait, I could see it being very annoying to use texting in bed, which frequently is when I have time to text en masse while doing web browsing or whatever.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
We All Need To Be Realistic

Everyone finds a need for a phone that operates as intended. No one requires a phone that can send video via MMS. That's a nice feature, not a necessary feature. There's a HUGE difference and they need to work on the things that are important first. If they don't do that, they're going to piss off and turn off a LOT more people than the 10 people in the world that still send video via MMS. (I'm kidding, but you get my point)

Very well put!

We all need to just be a little bit more realistic about the updates. Sure, going from infant OS to superbeast would be great in one update, but really, I'd rather it just be stable first.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Blah, 100% bull shat. No one needs a phone that can text, play games, videos, surf the web, load apps,...

If people wanted a dumb phone, they would have got a free one from their service provider. I sure hope WP7 people don't turn into iPhone sheep and start thinking, if MS didn't put it there, then it's not needed.
Very well put!

We all need to just be a little bit more realistic about the updates. Sure, going from infant OS to superbeast would be great in one update, but really, I'd rather it just be stable first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss