E-Mail Push Question

gillbell

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have my GMail setup into various folders such as: Inbox (a catch all), Law School (all my school stuff), Financial and so forth. Based on keywords or senders, emails get segregated into those categories and anything that doesn't ends up in the inbox for manual filtering.

My issue is that the only emails that get pushed to the live tile are the ones that show up in the generic Inbox. I went a few days with my new WP7 phone checking my email before I realized I had to check each folder individually. I had a million work and school emails piled up.

Is there any solution for this or is it a known limitation? Once again, we are NOT dealing with multiple email accounts, but one email account with multiple folders.

I love WP7 and the Samsung Focus. I know things like this are just growing pains of a prodigy OS and I look forward to marching boldly into the future with microsoft.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i tryed to dupplicate your issue and find a way to get them to show up , No luck :(
i have no idea! thats one of does stupid things they need to fix in a UPDATE i think.

merrick

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
i think if you go to the folder, your school work one. then press the ... and there should be an option to sync that folder or stop syncing it.

hope that helps.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i think if you go to the folder, your school work one. then press the ... and there should be an option to sync that folder or stop syncing it.

hope that helps.

This is what I've done for my Hotmail folders and it works just fine. Hopefully this works for Gmail as well, let us know.

gillbell

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I've manually sync'd the folders many times, unfortunately, this doesn't cause those folders to push to the live tile (but they do actively sync). In other words, let's say I have 6 new emails. 4 uncategorized emails which went to my inbox and 2 which were filtered to my school folder.

4 will show up on my live tile. If I open my email and tap on folders, it will show that I have 2 new emails in the school folder, but it doesn't include those in the Live Tile.

Thanks for your time, everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa