Can I delete "Windows Live" from accounts?

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
If I long press on gmail acct in settings, "delete" is one of the choices. Not so with Windows Live acct.

I've got both, but prefer how gmail does things.

Any info/ideas appreciated.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
well you need the live account to do well......almost everything:

download apps
sync your phone to skydrive
manage zune
etc

Ok, I never thought abt it in that context. Of course, you're right.

Where I don't want to see it is when I'm creating or editing a contact, I don't want to have to pick from Windows Live or Gmail contact.

Light Speed1

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I hate the whole Windows Live thing. I'm Google for e-mails, calendar, tasks, docs, etc. I never use HotMail.

I will say I like the SkyDrive thing though.

then throw away the phone because its a windows live phone

the whole point is so that if you lose your phone your contacts are saved on windows live.

Last edited:

merrick

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
This is what i've done. did this almost 4 years ago when I signed up to xboxlive....

Got to live.com and register your GMAIL account as you're live passport. Then you've got your gmail and windows live account linked and you can delete your live account. you might have to reset the phone.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
then throw away the phone because its a windows live phone

the whole point is so that if you lose your phone your contacts are saved on windows live.

Has nothing to do with that. I use GMail. I sync with that so calendar, e-mail, contacts, etc. are "backed up" on their cloud.

Love the phone and OS, just not a big hotmail/live user.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
This is what i've done. did this almost 4 years ago when I signed up to xboxlive....

Got to live.com and register your GMAIL account as you're live passport. Then you've got your gmail and windows live account linked and you can delete your live account. you might have to reset the phone.

@merrick, so you are saying I can use my GMail account to sign into my Live account? Or are you saying instead with creating a new Live account, I could have just used me GMail account?

I already created a new Live account, so is there any way to still link the 2, or do I need to start over?

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
@merrick, so you are saying I can use my GMail account to sign into my Live account? Or are you saying instead with creating a new Live account, I could have just used me GMail account?

I already created a new Live account, so is there any way to still link the 2, or do I need to start over?

I tried, don't see how. Tried setting up a new account as well (using gmail addy) but won't let me. :(

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried, don't see how. Tried setting up a new account as well (using gmail addy) but won't let me. :(

It let me setup a new account using my GMail address. When I went to setup an account, it asked or a UserID. Below that it said to use an existing e-mail address. I used my GMail address. Then it asked for the normal info like password, name, etc. I also saw an option to like Live accounts.

So it's really still 2 accounts (GMail and Live), it just lets me use my GMail address as my username. There is no syncing between the Live account and the GMail account.

merrick

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It let me setup a new account using my GMail address. When I went to setup an account, it asked or a UserID. Below that it said to use an existing e-mail address. I used my GMail address. Then it asked for the normal info like password, name, etc. I also saw an option to like Live accounts.

So it's really still 2 accounts (GMail and Live), it just lets me use my GMail address as my username. There is no syncing between the Live account and the GMail account.

:D The best of both worlds, having GMAIL and then having a live account while not using live :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss