Accidentally ending or holding calls

bffig

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I have posted this on the forum dedicated to the Omnia 7, but I thought it may be a common OS problem so please forgive me for posting here also. My wife has an Omnia 7 and I love it and really want one when my current contract expires but there is something really winding her up and I was wondering if there was a way to stop this. Even when the phone looks to be right against the side of her head the screen reactivates during calls and here ear presses the Hold or end call buttons. This happens practically every phone call. Any advice?

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
If anything, I'm having the opposite issue. Most times, when I pull the phone (Surround) away from my head to end the call, the screen doesn't reactivate. If I push the Home button it does, and I can "End call" or if, in the meantime, the other person hangs up it'll light up with "Call ended".

I'm hoping it's addressed whenever the update rolls out. :)

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the Omnia 7 device and don't experience the issues your wife is experiencing. Did you receive a reply on the forums? Have you attempted to reproduce the problem yourself?

bffig

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to have a closer look at the problem tonight. As long as I know it's not a common problem. It may be a faulty proximity sensor. I might be able to take it into my local store for some help.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
If anything, I'm having the opposite issue. Most times, when I pull the phone (Surround) away from my head to end the call, the screen doesn't reactivate. If I push the Home button it does, and I can "End call" or if, in the meantime, the other person hangs up it'll light up with "Call ended".

I'm hoping it's addressed whenever the update rolls out. :)

I had that issue when I had the Focus. It isn't a software related but a defective proximity sensor. I was advised to trade it in for a new one.

@OP

You are also experiencing a proximity sensor problem, a hardware issue. I suggest you trade it in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo