Tile (color) options

gator

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
New here, just got a WP7 Samsung Focus, and I was curious if there was an app that would allow you to add more color themes so that you can change the tile colors to something different than the six or so that are available.
I am not a developer nor do I know hoew to hack or unlock the phone to get some of the apps being created by developers.
I wish I could change my tiles to a gray or black to give it a more "professional" look versus the bright colors offered.
Any suggestions??
Thanks

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
At the moment, there is no way to change the tile colors. There are homebrew hacks that will let you change colors. I'm currently on the brown theme at the moment. I the the default blue is probably the most professional looking. When I do have it on one of the bright colors, it really draws the attention of the people standing behind me in the checkout line, and I always tell them how great my WP7 is.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
same here, i'm almost always on brown (sometimes blue, but the weather bug tile is just a shade off of the blue and it looks wierd), the other colors are a bit much

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
The thing about the tile color is that it's also your accent color in apps that support it. So there's a need for the color to be visible against whatever background you choose. I think the colors they chose are actually really good and usable against light or dark backgrounds. I can see why they'd choose against being able to choose any color -- you could easily render your device unusable with some choices, much like themes in Windows on the desktop.

And it's currently teal against a black background. I find myself cycling between teal, orange, and blue which is my most common color. I've used fuchsia from time to time, and light backgrounds as well. I've never been one to change my theme or wallpaper, but Windows phone and Bing2Wall (download Bing images of the day) makes it way too compelling for some reason. I love it.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
The thing about the tile color is that it's also your accent color in apps that support it. So there's a need for the color to be visible against whatever background you choose. I think the colors they chose are actually really good and usable against light or dark backgrounds. I can see why they'd choose against being able to choose any color -- you could easily render your device unusable with some choices, much like themes in Windows on the desktop.

Good point @Rico. I didn't even think about the face that some colors would wash out against the background. So maybe we won't end up seeing a lot more colors added in future updates. Which is no big deal to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb