What else is coming with the nodo

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I keep mine on default medium brightness and only had turned off Feedback. I still have no issues getting through my day. I guess I am just not a power user.

You should see the battery life on a 4G device when 4G is active!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Focus battery life is not horrid in my experience. Are you watching movies on it or something? Mine easily lasts all day with a combination of phone calls, internet surfing, and browsing the marketplace.

I found that when I switched auto email syncing from "Every 30 Minutes" to "Manual" my battery life vastly improved.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've got a Samsung Focus and I take my phone off the charger at 5:20am and have the phone last until 9 or 10pm at night before shutting off. That's listening to about 4 hours of Zune Pass music and doing light web surfing. I've noticed listening to music drains the battery a lot faster than not listening to music.

I'd like to be at 20% at 10pm, but there's probably not much I can do to change that, without changing my habits. I usually just plug my phone in around lunch time and charge it back up.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've got a Samsung Focus and I take my phone off the charger at 5:20am and have the phone last until 9 or 10pm at night before shutting off. That's listening to about 4 hours of Zune Pass music and doing light web surfing. I've noticed listening to music drains the battery a lot faster than not listening to music.

I'd like to be at 20% at 10pm, but there's probably not much I can do to change that, without changing my habits. I usually just plug my phone in around lunch time and charge it back up.

Streaming music...or just on the device?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Focus battery life is not horrid in my experience. Are you watching movies on it or something? Mine easily lasts all day with a combination of phone calls, internet surfing, and browsing the marketplace.

Yea,
am I missing something ? When I had the focus the battery lasted more than one full day
and I was on the dam thing all the time ...
I thought the focus battery life was great .. now there are other issues other than the battery..

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Focus battery life is horrible, period. If you have to turn off features or monitor your brightness just to get 12+ hours of use out of it, the battery is crap. I can't remember the last time I woke up, unplugged my Focus, and didn't have to swap the battery with a fresh one before I went back to sleep. It's a sad, pitiful battery in an amazing phone.. but in it's defense, at least WP7 is easier on the battery than Android is.. LOOOOOL

I don't like my screen bright and I don't need a constant GPS ping to Live. So winwin.

As long as the screens off, playing local music is really not very battery taxing compared to other things.

An hour podcast through the speaker and web surfing killed half of a full battery one Sunday morning. That makes me sad.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The #1 thing you need to turn off is the WiFi - "Notify me when new networks are found" setting. This feature killed the iPhone battery too, and is completely unnecessary. If you need to get on wifi, it is not hard to manually do this.

I also turn off feedback, but remember it re-enables itself every time you reboot the phone (after most likely a marketplace crash).

I tried turning of the find my phone - "periodically save my location" feature, and that made a noticeable difference in battery drain. Anyone know if you can turn this off and still use the remote wipe feature?

With these 3 settings turned off and 30 minute email check intervals I had plenty of power left when I plugged back in before going to bed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077