What else is coming with the nodo

frankied101

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I knows there is copy and paste and speed enhancement but is there anything else? Like any features or anything with the stock apps like a bing update because I like bing and some key features are missing like under the news section add a feature to organize where the newest news is first or an image section..... Please let me know because I had an iPhone four the went to a Samsung captivate and bored of it so I came to wp7. This update is critical to weather I'm going to go back to my iPhone 4

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

blahism

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Cut & paste
Fixed marketplace search
app performance

Apparently its 400 builds newer than the build we have currently.. doesn't mean much though if most of the builds are hardware/device driver updates..

I'm sure at the upcoming mobile conference we will hear more

gillbell

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, they can keep their new features and stuff. I just want a rock solid platform. Fix the glitches and stability issues and I'd be a happy camper.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, they can keep their new features and stuff. I just want a rock solid platform. Fix the glitches and stability issues and I'd be a happy camper.

+1

Although I will be happy to have the CP when I would like to use it. Also hope this updates eliminates some of the choppy stuff we get browsing and while using various apps.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just hope next week they announce better hardware. If not, I'm off to Android in June.

I'd like a way to somehow to save off how I have my tiles ordered. I just unpinned all my tiles for ****s and giggles, and boy was that a mistake. :\

Last edited:

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I just hope next week they announce better hardware. If not, I'm off to Android in June.

I'd like a way to somehow to save off how I have my tiles ordered. I just unpinned all my tiles for ****s and giggles, and boy was that a mistake. :\

lmao I remember when I did that I was like crap! (more explicit) then I realized I could rearrange them to even better suite my needs so in the end it was a total win.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I knows there is copy and paste and speed enhancement but is there anything else? Like any features or anything with the stock apps like a bing update because I like bing and some key features are missing like under the news section add a feature to organize where the newest news is first or an image section..... Please let me know because I had an iPhone four the went to a Samsung captivate and bored of it so I came to wp7. This update is critical to weather I'm going to go back to my iPhone 4

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

If this update is your critical turning point you might as well trade it in now. You are going to have to be patient with WP7 if you are comparing it to iPhone 4. This first update is not going to make up for years and years worth of iOS app development. I think it will be worth the wait though. I don't miss iOS. WP7 will have the functionality gap just about closed by summer, then it will be up to devs to deliver the apps. It's really not that long to wait. I do agree though Bing image results is a major omission from the search hub...I included that on my feedback to MS on that survey last month.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
the update is going to bring CDMA support as well as many bug fixes but I don't see them listed anywhere.
As for better hardware, I don't think hardware companies are going to make better hardware until Microsoft releases Mango in about 5 months from now ...
I personaly think they are all waiting for this update with multi tasking so it can use new hardware, 2 cameras, video chat.. all thiings that need mulit tasking..

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The only fix for that is a different phone lol. Focus battery is horrid.

Focus battery life is not horrid in my experience. Are you watching movies on it or something? Mine easily lasts all day with a combination of phone calls, internet surfing, and browsing the marketplace.

Last edited:

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Focus battery life is not horrid in my experience. Are you watching movies on it or something? Mine easily lasts all day with a combination of phone calls, internet surfing, and browsing the marketplace.

Can it last all day? Yes, but its a poor performer compared to other phones. I have no interest in watching movies on my phone.

Here's a good rundown of battery performances:

LG's Optimus 7 & Samsung's Focus Reviewed: A Tale of Two Windows Phones - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

The Windows Phone 7 Review - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My focus battery last all day, with constant uses. Txt, Facebook,twitter, and Zune. Its pretty much dead by 7 pm. Not bad if you ask me.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
My focus is fine, turned off find my phone feature (you can still ring it if you loose it) and I saw an instant gain, plus my screen is on low brightness as its almost too bright normally.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Focus battery life is horrible, period. If you have to turn off features or monitor your brightness just to get 12+ hours of use out of it, the battery is crap. I can't remember the last time I woke up, unplugged my Focus, and didn't have to swap the battery with a fresh one before I went back to sleep. It's a sad, pitiful battery in an amazing phone.. but in it's defense, at least WP7 is easier on the battery than Android is.. LOOOOOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb