Why should I choose WP7 over iOS?

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Nothing wrong with buying songs, but iTunes is a bloated p.o.s. whether you like Apple or not. Zune is designed better and is much less of a system hog.

I will say iTunes has more available on it though.
Zune is less bloated than iTunes? iTunes runs flawlessly on my ATOM-powered PC, whereas Zune lags upon menu selection and scrolling through the library. Shame really as I love the Zune interface (and the service as a whole) but iTunes is unfortunately more reliable as a media player. For me anyway.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Zune is less bloated than iTunes? iTunes runs flawlessly on my ATOM-powered PC, whereas Zune lags upon menu selection and scrolling through the library. Shame really as I love the Zune interface (and the service as a whole) but iTunes is unfortunately more reliable as a media player. For me anyway.

You try toning down the graphics rendering on the zune software? Settings/Software/Screen graphics?

iTunes and it's awful performance on my Thinkpad T410s was one of the main reasons I ditched my iPhone. Couldn't be happier with the zune player

Reactions: Rich Edmonds

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You try toning down the graphics rendering on the zune software? Settings/Software/Screen graphics?

iTunes and it's awful performance on my Thinkpad T410s was one of the main reasons I ditched my iPhone. Couldn't be happier with the zune player

Ooh, good call, sir. Didn't even think there'd be an option. Will give that a test today. :p

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Now that is extremely subjective. I have both and still find iTunes superior in every way. Far easier to navigate and find things. Plus, can you rent or buy movies with the Zune software?

the only thing thats subjective is if you have the supercomputer for its ridiculous requirements and don't mind having bloat-ware installed on top. While we are on the subject. iTunes breaks the windows ui paradigm, the bogus Apple Authorization, album art lookup almost never worked right for me, and don't delete music by accident or anything because you can't easily re download your purchases.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
wow! an iFanboy on wpcentral. and explain how iTunes is better than Zune. u must be made of money because on iTune$ u have to buy each song no matter what.

Sorry, you just lost ALL credibility by using the F word. I can safely say that I know what I'm talking about. I probably have been using Apple hardware and software longer than you've been alive.

I also have a Samsung Focus, in addition to my iPad. A Windows desktop, a Linux laptop, and a MacBook. I'm no "******" of anything, it's just my experience over 30 plus years that Apple hardware and software is much better than anything else I've used. Take it for what's it worth.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

iTunes works perfectly for me on both Windows and it's even better on the Mac. I've no idea what's going on here except that of course, since this is a Windows centric forum, it's customary to bash Apple products with no proof of anything, right? That gets so old.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

One of the first sentences I read is this:

Zune is an immersive music experience...

Purely subjective, and based on these purely subjective opinions, Zune is labeled the best in existance??? Come on. Don't get me wrong, I use Zune on my Windows desktop and I like it, but try to find some non biased non opinionated articles. Everything he says Zune can do iTunes can do as well.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
the only thing thats subjective is if you have the supercomputer for its ridiculous requirements and don't mind having bloat-ware installed on top. While we are on the subject. iTunes breaks the windows ui paradigm, the bogus Apple Authorization, album art lookup almost never worked right for me, and don't delete music by accident or anything because you can't easily re download your purchases.

My MacBook (not MacBook Pro) is a year old and it runs great. And what bloat ware?

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm quickly losing ALL respect for the posters on this website. So typical of sites like these, you can tell. The use of the word "******" is a dead give away that children post here. I already quit going to MacNN for the same reason, Macrumors again for the same reason: children.

And everywhere else you go, Android and Windows users are using the word "******" when they themselves are so biased against anything Apple, even they don't use them, are quite the fanboys themselves.

It gets tiring listening to people take this **** so personal. It's like the Ford/Chevy/Dodge thing except with geeks and not rednecks.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
My MacBook (not MacBook Pro) is a year old and it runs great. And what bloat ware?

I've read on numerous occasions that iTunes works great on Macs and OSX. It's on Windows that its sluggish. Perhaps the code isn't optimized for Windows but go figure.

It does eschew from windows UI and style conventions which some don't like as well.

But who cares about the software, the Zune pass functionality is the key selling point

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
iTunes works perfectly for me on both Windows and it's even better on the Mac. I've no idea what's going on here except that of course, since this is a Windows centric forum, it's customary to bash Apple products with no proof of anything, right? That gets so old.

I would say people bash Microsoft more than they bash Apple. By far. To a lot of tech geeks (and especially media) Apple is god, and MS isn't 'hip' and doesn't make anything good (boy are they wrong).

If iTunes works good for you thats great, but even my Apple fanatic friends only use it because they basically have to, and wish is was about 1/6 the size that it is.

Can't beat the array of content though, thats for sure.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, you just lost ALL credibility by using the F word. I can safely say that I know what I'm talking about. I probably have been using Apple hardware and software longer than you've been alive.

I also have a Samsung Focus, in addition to my iPad. A Windows desktop, a Linux laptop, and a MacBook. I'm no "******" of anything, it's just my experience over 30 plus years that Apple hardware and software is much better than anything else I've used. Take it for what's it worth.
u still haven't said anything as to why u think iTune$ is superior to Zune.at least I can say why i think Zune is better than iTune$.
I'm quickly losing ALL respect for the posters on this website. So typical of sites like these, you can tell. The use of the word "******" is a dead give away that children post here. I already quit going to MacNN for the same reason, Macrumors again for the same reason: children.

And everywhere else you go, Android and Windows users are using the word "******" when they themselves are so biased against anything Apple, even they don't use them, are quite the fanboys themselves.

It gets tiring listening to people take this **** so personal. It's like the Ford/Chevy/Dodge thing except with geeks and not rednecks.
pu?s entonces adi?s. no one asked u to join here. more than welcome to leave.

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

what bloat ware? you're kidding right?

Quick Time, Bonjour, Application support, Mobile device support, software update, burning driver, junk i don't need that runs at start up and is for some reason difficult to disable, and a shoddy network service. oh and for some reason it would always bug me about installing safari.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Wow, you people are friendly around these parts.
well as said before you're way more than welcome to leave, even tho you still have yet to prove why you think iTune$ is superior to Zune. no one is forcing you to stay at all.
what bloat ware? you're kidding right?

Quick Time, Bonjour, Application support, Mobile device support, software update, burning driver, junk i don't need that runs at start up and is for some reason difficult to disable, and a shoddy network service. oh and for some reason it would always bug me about installing safari.

yea and if you by any chance uninstall just one of them it breaks iTune$ and you have to reinstall it and rebuild your library.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Not one, not two but Five consecutive post!! Chill out friend, not everyone loves itunes. I myself have an ipod and I'm forced to use it and hate it on my PC, all my songs won't synch accordingly and lots of issues.

That being said I have to use it. I buy my music on Zune with my leftovers MS points though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo