Nokia and M$ together forever!

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
here a couple good articles!

Nokia and Microsoft makes partnership official

Nokia tells investors that 2011 and 2012 will be 'transition years' -- Engadget

Summary Of Nokia-Microsoft Deal In 3 Images

this is great news and i cant wait to see what they make, everyone wins with this deal imo alot of people are not liking it but they really have no real evidence of why its a bad choice, its honestly a really smart move, great hardware and software coming together nokia has alot of the missing pieces that MS doesn't have and it should make things develop fast, i want more details on the deal such as are other hardware developers still going to use WP7 and will Nokias software just be exclusive to Nokia WP7 devices like could Nokias Ovi turn by turn navigation be used on a HTC device? and etc but i hope to hear more within this whole week all the way to MWC, with this deal Apple, Google, RIM, and HP should be scared!

Last edited:

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
It's also a great win for corporate America. Businesses that utilize Microsoft technologies can develop mobile apps for WP7 w/o the steep learning curve of Android and iOS.

When I tried to write a simple "Hello World" app in Qt (for Symbian and Maemo), I had no clue as to where to begin.

With WP7, I was able to leverage my existing background in C#, WPF, and Silverlight and wrote the same app in under 10 minutes.

Michael.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't mind them joining forces, what I have a problem with is that Nokia has the ability to change the OS and although Nokia's CEO said that they wouldn't, you can never be too sure. I wouldn't want them to change the software, give advice on hardware, make exclusive hardware I don't care, but I mean c'mon giving them the ability to mix up the OS? There is a particular reason why their own ****ty OS is failing. I mean that's like having neighbors over for dinner and they agreed to bring the dessert which happens to be homemade chocolate cake that tastes like cat litter (whatever that tastes like), but in spite of that you invite the baker of the cake the next night to help you make a cake... Makes no sense its a recipe for disaster. Sorry forthe rant I'm sure good things will come of this but, I do have my doubts

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't go that far. Nokia is a very innovative company that rested on their laurels. My N95 had copy/paste, multitasking, turn-by-turn navigation -- everything you have in current smart phones -- before Apple released the iPhone 2G. It was at this point that they drug their feet in the mud and hoped all the loyal Symbian users/owners would stay loyal or preach the gospel. What they didn't realize is the shift from phones that are very robust to phones that wow consumers with the UX and UI.

They picked up the designer of the WebOS UI/UX (from Palm) to be the new head of MeeGo UI/UX design last year. It's a step in the right direction, but too late.

Symbian was around long before iOS and it's a testament that it's lasted this long. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt now that Elop is "in" and cleaning house.

Michael.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It'll be interesting to see if Nokia can make a comeback in America. They were practically the only phone company back in the '90s and it seems like after the Motorola Startac they've been going downhill ever since. I think they made the right decision as their operating systems didn't achieve the same level of hype as iOS or Android.

Does anyone else view this news as a Microsoft attempt of a hostile takeover of the biggest phone company? The CEO is ex-Microsoft and today we see another former Microsoft employee become the President of Nokia USA. Nokia USA president is out, replaced by Microsoft vet Chris Weber as Elopocalypse continues -- Engadget

Can't say I'm against any of this by the way. Competition in the industry is good for everyone.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if Microsoft really wants to own a hardware company.

It's far riskier than just getting Nokia to do what they want.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
there Symbian UI was okay it wasnt as nice as anything in the market it was very functional but the performance and what not was so-so and it was loosing grip and they made this choice at the right time there platform was burning like the CEO said it wouldve lost grip all over the world soon since alot of other countries are starting to use android even tho most of there sales are from dumb phone there smartphones needed help and from the concepts ive seen looks like nokia is ready to play the game and this is a huge boost for M$, WP7 can now keep up in this market with no problem IMHO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz