What happens to existing Phones now that WP7/Nokia pairing?

falconeight#IM

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if development will stop on current WP7 devices? I have a HD7 and love it, but why would HTC throw any time or development into the phone if they are loosing the platform?

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah id def like to see HTC expand their hub and apps that YouTube app needs some serious updates to ita search capabilities

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if this will piss off the HTC's, LG's, Samsung's or if they already didn't care enough to care.

It's bad enough to Microsoft that all of these brands are out there pushing the competition while Microsoft is begging them to make their phones. This all seems weirdly political. But it's Microsoft's fault.

If they had been there before Android was, this wouldn't even be an issue.

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
HTC says the Nokia deal is a sign that they did the right thing in investing in wp7 and they will continue to do so

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Bah , HTC ,LG ,samsung , have NOTHING to worry about up here in canada

Nokia has a REALY REALY bad track record with us!! i remember working in a bell store , some client needed a new battery back cover for his nokia, the Nokia Rep told me and i quoat"" tell the client to look on E-bay "" ever sints that day , nokia can kiss my ***.

Nothing but problems with the Nokia Phones. MS should of picked a BETTER company to partner with ( htc or samsung ) some one with GOOD tract record and experiance.

Wokia

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Nokia does bring some significant investment to the WP7 platform. Mainly in the form of mapping and location based services.
Services that will also be available to other OEMs inside the ecosystem.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
forget all that practical stuff like mapping etc. I want that blue nokia (!) and will gladly give up my htc surround as long as it comes to att

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
not a thing if anything we should start to see some exciting devices coming out nothing spurs innovation like competition. everyone wins with this deal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720