Document Syncing

jellmoo#WN

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm brand new to these forums, having made the switch just a few days ago from my iPhone 3G to a brand spanking new Samsung Focus.

Now, while there is a learning curve, I am greatly enjoying the phone so far. I can just sit there and watch those beautiful screen transitions all day... But I digress...

One thing that's been striking me as odd is that I haven't found an elegant way to transfer office documents onto the handset. I was rather hoping that this would be possible through SkyDrive, but that seems to only work with OneNote. The only method I've been able to figure out is to email the documents to the phone. Somehow that just lacks elegance.

I don't suppose anyone here knows of a simpler way to transfer documents to a WP7 device?

Thank you kindly!

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
The only ways to do this are to email them to yourself and open them, set up a SharePoint Server, or use OneNote to sync to Skydrive, which the Office Hub syncs with. I know it's kind of lame, but I hear in the next update SkyDrive functionality will be increased, so that you can open anything on your SkyDrive.

Your new, so I warn you that Windows Phone isn't quite "there" yet. It's a new OS, so they are just trying to get the basics down.

If this kind of thing is really important, I suggest getting an Android phone and coming back after the 7.5 update later this year. It will be an even more viable platform then. If not, enjoy your new phone, I like my Focus alot.

jellmoo#WN

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The only ways to do this are to email them to yourself and open them, set up a SharePoint Server, or use OneNote to sync to Skydrive, which the Office Hub syncs with. I know it's kind of lame, but I hear in the next update SkyDrive functionality will be increased, so that you can open anything on your SkyDrive.

Your new, so I warn you that Windows Phone isn't quite "there" yet. It's a new OS, so they are just trying to get the basics down.

If this kind of thing is really important, I suggest getting an Android phone and coming back after the 7.5 update later this year. It will be an even more viable platform then. If not, enjoy your new phone, I like my Focus alot.

Thanks for the reply! Don't worry, I know full well that WP7 isn't quite as feature rich as other operating systems, still I wanted to get onboard with something that I see as having absolutely amazing potential.

The doc syncing is nowhere near a deal breaker for me. A mild irritation more than anything. I was just hoping that somebody had worked something out or developed a system that I had not come across yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos