Best WP7 phone

KarlD89

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have been using a palm pre for the last 16 months, since release in the UK, and i am coming up for an upgrade very soon. I would of quite liked to have got the pre 3, but i am rather disappointed by it, and can not wait until its release as my current pre is falling apart. So i am going to have to get a different OS than webOS, and i quite like the look of WP7, but do not know which phone to go for,

So, which phone is accepted to be the best WP7 phone? I was quite looking forward to see what would be released at MWC, but nothing was, so i will settle for one of the current devices, i quite the look of the samsung omnia 7 or the htc HD7, but what phone do you think is best?

Thanks

Karl

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If I had access to the Omnia 7 I'd pick that because of the Super AMOLED and it's cornered off stylings. It actually looks the most like a Zune phone.

It's not as big of a screen as the HD7, but it's the same res, so higher pixel density, and like I said, Super AMOLED.

KarlD89

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I really like the look of the omnia 7, but i can get the HD7 a month before any other because i can upgrade to it on my carrier, but i have to wait an extra month before i can get a contract with a different carrier, but i was looking at changing carrier anyway, and the omnia 7 is on the carrier i was looking at, but is more expensive than the HD7 on my current carrier

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Supposedly the update is coming first half of March. If so, I would think that new hardware would be introduced about the same time. If you can wait a month, I would wait to see the acceptance of the upgrade to WP7 as well and what new hardware comes.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
in the US the Samsung Focus, over seas would be the omnia 7, I don't think
HTC has their Heart in Making phones anymore, they really want to mess with software...
and LG has a nice phone and the best sofware... DLNA is great wish it was on all WP7s

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Supposedly the update is coming first half of March. If so, I would think that new hardware would be introduced about the same time. If you can wait a month, I would wait to see the acceptance of the upgrade to WP7 as well and what new hardware comes.

There wasn't a single new phone for WP7 at MWC, where it's basically a European GSM free for all.

That Dell roadmap shows a new phone for the Summer........I donno, I want to be wrong, I want to see a fresh new flurry of phones, but I'm just not feeling it.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have been a proud owner of the Omnia 7 since December '10. I can safely say this was the most comfortable choice in smartphone I have ever decided upon. I would certainly take the leap to the device, should you have the ability to do so. The Super AMOLED screen is beautiful along with quality through gaming and media viewing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786