Visit site
my suggestion for update

before you update the phone they ask you to update the zune software,

here is my suggestion.

1. unplug your phone
2. open zune, setting, check for update
3. after zune completely updated, plug your phone
4. update.

for particularly phone update, mine only takes not more than 15 minute i think.

HTC Mozart, indonesia, jakarta.

Enemy Zero

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Las Vegas on T-mobile. I did the Zune software update and then plugged in my phone. It's telling me I'm up to date with 7.0 (7004)

I just hope this isn't the same as the Android fragmentation nightmare. I have a firm belief that if you are going to release new software NO PHONE past that point should ship without the latest software.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Las Vegas on T-mobile. I did the Zune software update and then plugged in my phone. It's telling me I'm up to date with 7.0 (7004)

I just hope this isn't the same as the Android fragmentation nightmare. I have a firm belief that if you are going to release new software NO PHONE past that point should ship without the latest software.

It will be nothing like androids fragmentation. Android OEM's have free reign over the software and the hardware is all over the place.

wp7 has specific hardware requirements, and you have the same OS on every device.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It will be nothing like androids fragmentation. Android OEM's have free reign over the software and the hardware is all over the place.

wp7 has specific hardware requirements, and you have the same OS on every device.

then why are some phones updating and some not? why are Samsungs crashing and bricking, HTCs causing backup errors, and LGs apparently going smoothly?

i agree it's not nearly as bad as Android, but it's far form the utopian Apple-like uniformity that yer describing.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm still a no go on the update.

Telus.
LG Optimus 7

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Telus wasn't one of the carriers supposedly "holding back" on updates. Wasn't all that long ago (up to 2010 pre-gsm) that they wouldn't allow any phone not bought from them (tracked by IEMI) to operate on their network, for "security" reasons.

GP07

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I think some phons don't have it yet due to the problem with the update that some Omnia7 and Focus users have had. If so then MS might have stopped the roll out till they look into it further. You'll have to just wait it out or if it is blocked by your carrier for some stupid reason then when the bigger NoDo update comes on the 8th they won't be able to block them no more as per MS's licensing deal.

blackleg

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I forgot to mention that i got an error notif when i first update and it was because of my date and time were not right.
After i fix it, no issue.

Last time i read that microsoft suggeste to pending your update atleast three days from 21st feb because of error report while they workin onit maybe thats why many peple still dont get the update notification.

Sent from my 7 Mozart T8698 using Board Express

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
anyone in the UK on T-Mobile had the update yet? Nothing showing up on my phone Omnia 7 but then again perhaps I shouldn't update till the fix??

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
We're finding out a lot about carriers from this update, and the hold they have on updates to phones. It seems they're in the way of everything good.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
We're finding out a lot about carriers from this update, and the hold they have on updates to phones. It seems they're in the way of everything good.

Yeah, but if they hold up one update, they can't stop the next one which will be cumulative. So unlike Andriod, your phone will get the skipped update. However, I don't think we will see it that often.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb