Here we go? (Update content)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
@ cdub66 I'm in the UK and im on the 3 network. The phone did not give me a pop up saying there was an update, I plugged in the phone to the PC and did a manual check in Zune, where the whole process took about 30 mins from start to completion.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
@ cdub66 I'm in the UK and im on the 3 network. The phone did not give me a pop up saying there was an update, I plugged in the phone and did a manual check in Zune, where the whole process took about 30 mins from start to completion.

I've been plugging into Zune and manually checking each 1/2 hour or so. (Holiday here, today)

I'll keep on.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
@cdub66 You are checking the phone update section in Zune and not just the Zune software update ?

The phone should check itself for an update once plugged in I guess.

(I'm sure you are but thought i should just mention it just incase)

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Right for anyone who runs into the problem I described, it is safe to kill Zune and reboot your phone (removing the battery). Been on twitter to find several other users with my problem. Apparently one has confirmation from Microsoft that this is a problem, and to sit tight as they are looking into a fix

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
@ TheWeeBear - No, I'm checking "Update" under the phone settings.

I get "Your phone is up to date. Current phone software version: 7.0 (7004)"

What does yours say post-update?

2th

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
BEWARE of this update. It bricked my phone. Samsung Focus. ATT. Lexar 8gig class 4 mSD card.

Did several reformats, with the mSD card, without it. with the sim card, without it, and none of it ever worked. Always wanted me to plug it back into my PC with the zune software displaying error code C101002E

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Right for anyone who runs into the problem I described, it is safe to kill Zune and reboot your phone (removing the battery). Been on twitter to find several other users with my problem. Apparently one has confirmation from Microsoft that this is a problem, and to sit tight as they are looking into a fix

Tried a second time, no luck, wait for Microsoft to figure this out guys

Renverse

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I only get to 6/10 with my Omnia 7. It reboots the phone, and then nothing happens. The Phone shows a connect to zune screen, and eventually it reboots into the OLD OS version. Then Zune gives me an error.

Samsteele

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Haven't received the update yet, the phone hasn't notified and the Mac Connect software hasn't found anything either.
Im in and using:
Canada
Telus
LG Optimus 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans