Anyone heard anything about this yet? I have not had any issues, just wondering if anyone on here as seen or heard anything else about this.

Re: My Samsung Focus USB/charge port & cable melte... - AT&T Community Support

and, here is an interesting response from a user who replied to one of my posts on another forum, and experienced the same problem as I had right before the meltdown of my phone occurred:

After 2 months with no issues with my AT&T Focus, I have the following problem that AT&T Technical Support told me:
    . Known issue with WP7 that AT&T TS was just briefed on.
    . Many users reported it to AT&T
    . MS is aware of it.
    . MS states it is caused by a "virus".
    . MS indicated the fix will be in the early March update along with other fixes.
    . AT&T is NOT holding up the update.

Symptoms:
    . While plugged into a PC or charger, no issues.
    . When not plugged in, battery icon "blinks", sometimes with a "plug" across the icon (indicating charging), sometimes not.
    . Does this about once every 2 seconds.
    . "Beeps" everytime it "blinks"
    . Screen will not turn off per settings (state change of icon appears to stop this)
    bold and colored text done by me, not the OP
    03-03-2011 01:48 PM
    Lol
    03-03-2011 02:35 PM
    I have seen this, not sure it was from a virus or not though. My phone started beeping, as if I had just plugged in the charger, and wouldn't stop. Turning the phone off/on didn't fix it, and only stopped after doing two or three battery pulls. Strange.
    Anyone heard anything about this yet? I have not had any issues, just wondering if anyone on here as seen or heard anything else about this.

Re: My Samsung Focus USB/charge port & cable melte... - AT&T Community Support

bold and colored text done by me, not the OP
    03-03-2011 02:49 PM
    That would be totally fu•kin rad if Microsoft themselves made this seemingly harmless virus to use the excuse that the fix was on Nodo to ensure that they [the carriers] dont try and pull their delay shenanigans lmfao
    03-03-2011 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD