WP7 virus effecting battery charging?

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Anyone heard anything about this yet? I have not had any issues, just wondering if anyone on here as seen or heard anything else about this.

Re: My Samsung Focus USB/charge port & cable melte... - AT&T Community Support

melted_focus over at AT&T forums said:
?and, here is an interesting response from a user who replied to one of my posts on another forum, and experienced the same problem as I had right before the meltdown of my phone occurred:

After 2 months with no issues with my AT&T Focus, I have the following problem that AT&T Technical Support told me:
. Known issue with WP7 that AT&T TS was just briefed on.
. Many users reported it to AT&T
. MS is aware of it.
. MS states it is caused by a "virus".
. MS indicated the fix will be in the early March update along with other fixes.
. AT&T is NOT holding up the update.

Symptoms:
. While plugged into a PC or charger, no issues.
. When not plugged in, battery icon "blinks", sometimes with a "plug" across the icon (indicating charging), sometimes not.
. Does this about once every 2 seconds.
. "Beeps" everytime it "blinks"
. Screen will not turn off per settings (state change of icon appears to stop this)
bold and colored text done by me, not the OP

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have seen this, not sure it was from a virus or not though. My phone started beeping, as if I had just plugged in the charger, and wouldn't stop. Turning the phone off/on didn't fix it, and only stopped after doing two or three battery pulls. Strange.
Anyone heard anything about this yet? I have not had any issues, just wondering if anyone on here as seen or heard anything else about this.

Re: My Samsung Focus USB/charge port & cable melte... - AT&T Community Support

bold and colored text done by me, not the OP

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
That would be totally fu•kin rad if Microsoft themselves made this seemingly harmless virus to use the excuse that the fix was on Nodo to ensure that they [the carriers] dont try and pull their delay shenanigans lmfao

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre