WP7 Updates & Features

Moshe22

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Apparently Microsoft has been paying close attention to their customer's feedback and adding all the features that the phone was missing. I feel that Microsoft first objective was to make a very solid base for the phone and then add all the good features that we were hoping to see in version one of the OS. My wife and I, both own a HTC HD7 and we are very happy with it and even more excited about the upcoming updates.

Here is a list of things that we as WP7 owners and Owners-to-be are expecting in the "Update":

Note: Not so sure about all the things included in this list and certantly not everything will be included in this month update (March) but apparently it is being claim that it comes from an official source
Source: Windows Phone Future Updates - xda-developers

Cut, Copy & Paste
Custom ringtones
Turn-by-turn Navigation
Multitasking
Adobe Flash
HTML5
Silverlight
Tethering
Video Calling
VoIP Calling
Smart Dialer
Mass Storage Mode
Bluetooth Transfer
Universal Search
System Wide File Manager
On-device Encryption
VPN

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Good grief. People need to get off the Flash thing. Flash is good for ads and games. If you must have Flash, I'm sure you can use a laptop or a desktop.

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you are hoping for all of those things this year, I am afraid you will be disappointed. Good things will come, but quality takes time.

sklein382

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I know a couple other people have mentioned this, but my #1 request is that Microsoft fix some of the issues in the Zune player on the phone.

Gapless playback is a joke, Most of my music is from the Zune Pass so there is no excuse for the phone to have any issues playing the file. However on many CDs certain tracks cause the phone to slow down or even the Zune player to freeze until I do a battery pull.

Again I would be more understanding if I had been using expanded memory or unusual file configurations, but this was on a stock Focus with music from Zune Marketplace.

I would also like to see some incarnation of Smart DJ on my phone.

Moshe22

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see Microsoft move faster to release the updates and bug fixes and new features being added constantly. I want to see them succeed and that is my frustration right now.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I would even be happy if they added feature by feature as in one update could be just one major feature along with bug fixes that would be cool too but release em monthly or something that creates a stride to keep people happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro