03-07-2011 11:51 PM
27 12
tools
    Look, mobile is the new market. It's still really early on...and they could kill the Kin because it was really just a play at the market that lies between feature phones and smart phones which was only ever going to be temporary.

Eventually all phones sold, will be some sort of smart phone...so I dont' think Microsoft will throw in the towel unless it's part of some company oriented complete paradigm shift for them. It would be a huge effin deal. Bringing up the Kin as reason for WP7 getting yanked is just silly in my opinion. It's not even part of the equation.

I wouldn't worry about a damn thing.

:)
    Yea Microsoft would have to have a big shareholder meeting and say "you know what, we're not going to be doing software anymore... yes we're know for Office, Windows, WP7, .NET and XNA, but we're going to do something else." Then you'll see their stock fall through the roof. WP7 isn't going anywhere. If RIM is still making BlackBerrys then I think Microsoft can support their platform.
    03-07-2011 10:43 PM
    I actually agree with both of you Averry and GaMMa but I just don't feel like arguing about it anymore. Some people here are apparently WP7 haters because they keep saying "yay WP7!" then true fanboys (like me) also say "yay WP7!" (albeit in more technical terms) then the first lot all of a sudden change their mind immediately to "Death to WP7!" and no matter what amazing points people bring up, encouraging the platform it seems they won't change their minds.
    03-07-2011 11:51 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD