NoDo tomorrow 3/7/11?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What do you guys think about us seeing NoDo tomorrow? There have been rumors that Samsung Focus users on AT&T are going to see it tomorrow. I'm kind of skeptical since we haven't gotten the pre-NoDo update yet. Of course, they could be bundled together, but who knows.

I'm looking forward to the improved Marketplace search, bug fixes and faster app launch times. I don't really have a need for copy and paste, but I guess I'm glad it's coming? Haha

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If the pre-NODO was to help NODO (and future updates).......but now rumors are floating that they can smush em together.....kinda makes you wonder if there weren't other motives for this whole pre-NODO business.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm new here to the WP7 world, I don't even have my Focus yet... What is NoDo? What's it stand for? I can't seem to find out.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
It may stand for No Donuts.....which may be a shot at the Android Donut update...or somebody forgot Donuts at a Microsoft meeting...I donno.....

Regardless....it's complete functionality we're not entirely sure....but it's supposed to speed up general phone, app, and marketplace performance, as well as add copy and past.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok... For the people wondering; yes, the NoDo update will contain the "prep" update within, now for the skeptics asking "then what was the Pre-NoDo for?" it was specifically for exactly what happened to the Samsung devices, test update to see if/what devices fail and why to ensure future updates (including NoDo) don't fail. Now the issue here is when? I say... Good Question. Why is it a good question? because it is my understanding that a Samsung rep/employee stated that the update would come on the 8th of march (stated at MWC '11) however the fact that all of these samsung devices are failing; that may serve a perfect mask for Microsoft to delay the update a "couple of weeks" which we all know how long that may last. so given that, I hope it answers some questions.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so did it come out?

no. MS stated it would be this week (before the 14th I believe), but many places are stating it will be released on March 8th. So hopefully tomorrow. Some guy tweeted it would be today and everybody ran with it like a rabid dog.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping we ALL see this update this week.. and I'm sure there will be 2 people that it fails on and it will be all over the internet that MS Fails to push out NoDo.. :) got I hate that..
What I'm supprised about is they have been working on Mango since the start of the year, I hope that comes out early or more patches between now and Mango..
Microsoft is reallly SLooooooWWWwww..

Moshe22

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I really like this OS and I hope that Microsoft push themselves more or get better organized or something because this update thing is kinda getting ridiculous and I am expecting more upupdates.

metsfan421

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
So NoDo will not be out today? If so, will it come through like a marketplace update or do you have to plug it into your computer and run the Zune software and sync to make it happen?

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No update for me. Do you think Microsoft is going to wait until next Monday to push it? The pre-update was announced on a Monday...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No update for me. Do you think Microsoft is going to wait until next Monday to push it? The pre-update was announced on a Monday...

well, at this point in time, I believe that everyone [that knows and cares about the update] is waiting with baited breath to see what happens, we are in early march which is when Microsoft stated it would be released. It has to start rolling out within the next eight days, they stated that everyone would already have it in two weeks time after initial rollout, so by April everyone should have it. (Hopefully)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3