Check your alarms!!!!

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So I think wp7 has the same bug as iOS had last year. I set my alarm for 10:00am today, but my phone says it is 10:17am and the alarm didn't go off.

I don't understand why no company can seem to get daylight savings right..........

mittortz

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
check your calendar events too!! ALL of mine got shifted one hour later, I'm just lucky I noticed before I was late to work or missed another orthodontist appointment (btw, I missed my last one because of the sound muting bug and my alarm never rang).

this is terrible. i'm putting up with a lot microsoft - this is beginning to make me unable to recommend the phone and look for other platforms to switch to. the update is way past due.

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Apple had the same issue. Anyways it seems like if you set the alarm after daylight savings time it is good, but if you set them before they will go off improperly.

mittortz

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
iOS shifted all calendar events too? iPhone had a bug where sometimes the sound would mute for no reason until a reboot?

One bug - understandable, relatively acceptable. Multiple bugs that hurt reliability with no updates to show after several months - totally unacceptable. I only had 10 events to correct, what if I had 50, 100? What if I missed my RESCHEDULED orthodontist appointment? Would be charged a fee and wait another two weeks for my new retainers. I wish I didn't have to say this, but I'm thinking of grabbing a cheap 3GS to hold off until summer when the Pre 3 and iPhone 5 are out. This is ridiculous.

mittortz

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
As in, my appointment tomorrow was originally scheduled for 8:30. After the time change last night, it read that it was scheduled at 9:30. Same thing with all my shifts to work - one hour later start, one hour later end. Nothing scheduled before last night was affected, just future events.
Good to see that the problem isn't totally widespread I guess. I have the HTC Surround on AT&T.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3