Pre Update ?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone still receiving the Pre updates ?
ist almost like this thing has died since they are calling for a delay but I thoguht they were still pushing our the pre update, and what about the samsung phones that were AKA returned at pushing out the pre update .. I have not heard that anyone now is getting a pre update ..

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
It seems there's a general "I give up" feeling around here. I'm trying to hang on but have my Galaxy S in my pocket more than my Surround lately.

:(

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know the pre-update is just being bundled with the real update, now scheduled for 2nd half of this month (technically starting in a few days). We'll see if they make this schedule.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
well I hope once Microsoft gets this update right, than they can move foward with the udates in the future, I'm sure this has something to do with them never before udating a mobile phones software in the past .. and its all new to them. if not and this is how its always going to happen that they have major problems ...
I know they are trying to make WP not like android so there so many different versions and this is very very good for us as comsumers .. that we don't need to buy a new phone to get the update or have an app work .. So I have no choice but to give them credit for that...
I just hope I see this start working by the 21st of this month, my wife and kids are getting the HTC Arrive and I don't want them to have the new OS before me ..

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I haven't given up..will do the update when it's available and go from there.

One of my main issues is the battery life though, which I don't believe will be affected in this update. The SGS totally kills (the Surround) on battery life.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I know Telus blocked the pre-update so there was no way we were getting it. Makes me a little worried about updates being held from them in the future. As for waiting for the update... I am waiting but honestly the phone is currently doing all I need it to do and with little down time as some seem to be having. A Flikr error and odd marketplace crash hasn't caused me to many issues.

CoopII

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know the pre-update is just being bundled with the real update, now scheduled for 2nd half of this month (technically starting in a few days). We'll see if they make this schedule.

They've promised to start rolling out the update the 2nd half of this month. There is no ETA for when everyone will have NoDo. I'm putting my money on 2nd half of May.

edit: @cdub66 did you ever get Froyo? I remember SGS owners throwing huge fits because they were the last major group of people still on Eclair.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree, there is nothing really wrong with my phone other than a few bug but who doesent have bugs, and as for the SGS, I had the Samsung Focus before I got my dell venue pro and they are both very good with the battery life, I wounder if its a HTC Issue .. I can go the entire day without any battery problems checking mail all day and twitter all day as well, some games but I'm at work all day you know I could never play a game while at work :) and it seems good ...
we will see but I am very hopeful ..
I have no idea what mgarcia is talking about MAY ??

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
edit: @cdub66 did you ever get Froyo? I remember SGS owners throwing huge fits because they were the last major group of people still on Eclair.

It had 2.2 (Froyo) out of the box but first time I plugged it into Kies it found an another update which I installed right away. (JL3 is the new one) Still says 2.2 though.

Last edited:

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I have an omnia7, i got the notification last week. 2 days ago plugged it into my pc, updated the zune software and that installed the update on my phone, no problems here.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I know Telus blocked the pre-update so there was no way we were getting it. Makes me a little worried about updates being held from them in the future. As for waiting for the update... I am waiting but honestly the phone is currently doing all I need it to do and with little down time as some seem to be having. A Flikr error and odd marketplace crash hasn't caused me to many issues.

CoopII

pretty sure at this point, it's going to be a combo update, hopefully before apr1. I think anymore delays will really be harmful to the OS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo