Why I am not allowed to install some applications!?

netkodrugi

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I'm having problems with market place, with certain apps actually. Some I can easily install or purchase but for some I can’t get the install button neither see ratings or reviews, as a matter of fact all I can see is description and screenshots so I’m curious if this is market place issue or I am doding something wrong?!

Here is an example of apps that I can’t install:

- Ripped by KRYOSOFT

- iWorkout by CODE BEYOND

X in advance,

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hi netkodrugi,

Usually when download links are unavailable it means that the app isn't available in your region. Not all apps are available in every country unfortunately.

netkodrugi

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Day by day, I'm getting more and more disappointed with this phone and especially its limitaions :/

10X 4 the quick respond by the way...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You're welcome netkodrugi, and yes it's very annoying when an app you really want is unavailable in your region.

I can understand some apps with licencing restrictions such as Netflix etc not being available everywhere, but some apps I just don't understand why they can't be made available worldwide.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You're welcome netkodrugi, and yes it's very annoying when an app you really want is unavailable in your region.

I can understand some apps with licencing restrictions such as Netflix etc not being available everywhere, but some apps I just don't understand why they can't be made available worldwide.

Simple apps I agree with you, the only limitations should be licensing and server locations, for example with my server located in the UK, opening up the app worldwide would cause slow connections and possibly overload it, for those instances it makes sense that worldwide distribution isn't mandatory

Edit: As for this issue, I have noticed it a couple of times when my network connection is weak, as if it can't contact the purchasing part of the store to identify if you've already bought the app. If it's just happened once or twice I'd suggest trying again on a strong Wifi connection

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Why do these appear for us then? In Zune or on the phone?

Another annoyance is the fact that Zune doesn't have columns and the categories disapear when you scroll.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I get that a lot with Xbox live games too (not being able to download). I don't understand why advertise or display an app on someone's phone, in a region where it doesn't work. What's the point?

WP7 should only show me the app only if I can actually put it on my phone, don't dangle it in front of my face.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I get that a lot with Xbox live games too (not being able to download). I don't understand why advertise or display an app on someone's phone, in a region where it doesn't work. What's the point?

WP7 should only show me the app only if I can actually put it on my phone, don't dangle it in front of my face.

Can't purchase or download? You need a WiFi comection to download XBox games.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ensamvarg

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
That?s what I am talking about, I see no reason to limit simple applications such as mentioned fitness apps, or Grant Kot's Fluid app for example, it should be available world wide :/

As a user I can understand the frustration of not being able to download an app that you would like.

As a developer it is even more frustrating because at the moment should you want advertising as the means of income for your work instead of charging a fee upfront you're limited to the U.S. This makes developers release their apps with regional restrictions.

Not sure if AdMob will work worldwide. I have to confess that I have yet to have the time to look at it properly.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Can't purchase or download? You need a WiFi comection to download XBox games.

I've tried WiFi connection only, 3G Connection only, and I've had them both on, and it still doesn't download. I'm pretty sure the games/apps are not ready in my region.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss