NoDo home stretch

KCMike

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone yesterday. I had 4 or 5 preloaded htc apps that required updates, apps like htc youtube, sound enhancer, etc

I hit update all and the updated with zero problems.

Only problem thus far has been my people hub. I initially put my facebook info in and people hub worked fine. The problem was the facebook account in Settings -> accounts was permanently syncing and my people hub wasn't updating with photos. After I shut off the phone and turned it back on, it was all in working order.

Which phone? The T-Mobile HD7? With the news of the HD7S I'm going to head back to the AT&T store today and ask when it'll be available.

I'm sitting here with my Samsung Focus looking for the update as well. I've only had it since Friday so I've not had to 'sit & wait' like everyone else has.

I do remember those days with the Zune software & my original Zune 30GB. Some screwy stuff happened back in the day on that thing with MS.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
So this means they can block the Mango update if there isn't another update between NoDo and Mango.

That is correct, if there are no updates between now and then, they will be able to block Mango. As far as betting goes AT&T and T-Mobile US still dont have the updates, so BOOM don't pay up lol.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The day is still young my friend. When I see WPC post apps/games being release, I don't never see them unit later in the evening. So I'm hoping this is the same situation.
That is correct, if there are no updates between now and then, they will be able to block Mango. As far as betting goes AT&T and T-Mobile US still dont have the updates, so BOOM don't pay up lol.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I am not sure if you are right about this 2nd update stuff. Look what this guy wrote in the comments...he got the pre-update without NoDo!!!

"By Feisar on Tue, 22 Mar 2011 03:08:29 EDT
Score
+0
Telus HTC Surround 7 (Canada)

After reading this post I checked for the update - and guess what? The FEB 2011 PRE-Nodo update just got posted today.

Hooray."

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I am not sure if you are right about this 2nd update stuff. Look what this guy wrote in the comments...he got the pre-update without NoDo!!!

"By Feisar on Tue, 22 Mar 2011 03:08:29 EDT
Score
+0
Telus HTC Surround 7 (Canada)

After reading this post I checked for the update - and guess what? The FEB 2011 PRE-Nodo update just got posted today.

Hooray."

It probably won't be released till later like everyone else lol everyone else ha! Funny, available worldwide *shakes head in disapproval*

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
One of the things I always liked about the iOS platform was that updates came from Apple and did not go through the carriers.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
They blocked one update so I don't think they have a choice on this one.

They can hold updates back one cycle. Since they blocked the pre-update update, they now have to release that. They are not required to send out NoDo until the NEXT patch is released, which is looking like Mango. If AT&T wanted to be obnoxious about the situation, there is nothing that is stopping them from holding NoDo back until Mango (or whatever patch comes next) is released to them.. which could very well be another 6 months from now. Sorry.

TL;DR? AT&T isn't required to give us NoDo anytime soon.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
If ATT blocks the update without a legit reason then I'll be more than happy to sell my Focus and switch to T-Mo... lol

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
att IS tmo.............

Not yet it isn't. As for the Telus bull****, apparently some of you haven't visited WMPoweruser.com, they have released an article where Telus states they're pushing NoDo but since its in phases (like Microsoft said it would be) it won't be hitting Telus until the 29th. Microsoft also stated that every other update is forced and bundled with the previous if in case it was blocked. I really dont know where some people read that whole confusing one update cycle bull****. I'm not at a computer right now so I can't post links to back this, but mgarcia post the link to any article that stated that one update cycle crap and I'll concede defeat.

CoopII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Telus and I just took the Pre-NODO update as well. 7004 to 7008. Sigh So I guess this means they can hold the NODO update as long as they please since it's only holding back one update.

CoopII

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm with Telus and I just took the Pre-NODO update as well. 7004 to 7008. Sigh So I guess this means they can hold the NODO update as long as they please since it's only holding back one update.

CoopII

do you not read threads before you post? Go visit wmpoweruser.com and look under the article thats titled "carriers to be slow on NoDo update"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa