Dell Venue Pro Hang Ups

herronm

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My Dell Venue Pro hangs up occasionally (mostly when downloading or updating apps). The only remedy is to remove the battery. I've tried uninstalling the apps, pausing the downloads...but nothing really seems to help.

Is it just buggy apps? Some of these are even from Microsoft (yes, I know MS never releases buggy apps).

Are there any other work arounds? Shortcuts? A better way to reboot?

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
My Dell Venue Pro hangs up occasionally (mostly when downloading or updating apps). The only remedy is to remove the battery. I've tried uninstalling the apps, pausing the downloads...but nothing really seems to help.

Is it just buggy apps? Some of these are even from Microsoft (yes, I know MS never releases buggy apps).

Are there any other work arounds? Shortcuts? A better way to reboot?

You mean device locking up? Using wifi or 3G? Lockups when downloading using wifi and just random lockups are known issues, supposedly being fixed either with patches bundled with nodo or a separate patch after nodo hits. Obviously no ETA on either.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've heard a lot of Venue users complaining about hardware problems. Shame since the V Pro is a nice phone too. If the phone is completely frozen then battery removal is the best option.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Actually try holding down the power button for a few seconds, most times that will shutdown the device, if not then do a battery pull.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Herronm,
this is a known bug with the Dell Venue Pro, I have a Venue Pro and it has to do with the SD Card, I have since replaced my SD Card on my Dell and the phone never locks up now ... its been about 2 months since I replaced the SD Card and have not taken out the battery once ... Dell seems to think that this NoDo update is going to fix the issue but I don't think it will, some users have called dell and they have replaced the device free of change but remember once you remove the SD Card it will Void the warrenty so I would sugest calling dell and have them send you a repacement unit..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99