why the **** wp7 doesnt have windows messenger????

berfx

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
i just dont get it, it should have by default this app its sooo important is like the bbm for windows. why wp7 doesnt take advantage of this tool?? the only messenger app in market place is a 3rd party app n' isnt that good as it should be..../rant/

KCMike

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I tend to agree (but not in such a ranty kinda way :p)

There is a 3rd party app available. The word on the street is MS commissioned the build to Miyoma.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Even the Zune HD was a messenger app.

This is sort of dumb.

Of course there's no multi-tasking...so IM clients are kinda hampered unless Microsoft builds it into the OS.

Reactions: VernonEL

commo

Dec 3, 2004
Visit site
I agree. I'm looking for a good Messenger App and don't want to use any third party program. I need a native Windows Messenger which supports Google talk and other IM messengers. I'm reluctant to put in my credentials to an app which I do not know and can't put my trust in.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I think Microsoft are attempting to focus on more pressing matters at hand, I'm sure an official IM solution will be available once multi-tasking has been brought in.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think Microsoft are attempting to focus on more pressing matters at hand, I'm sure an official IM solution will be available once multi-tasking has been brought in.

You'd think porting the Zune HD app as a stop gap wouldn't take very long though.

I'm sure they could recycle quite a bit of code if it was made for the Zune HD.

Samsteele

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm personally waiting to see what KIK messenger ends up being like for WP7, I've never used it but heard quite a bit about it and look forward to trying it.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I think it all has to do with the api's multitasking and that Microsoft is not going to release the messenger app until this is in the dev tools I think we might see something at mix in april if not we will see it in october ..
I agree they should have an app but I do in some way like microsofts thinking and they are not going to release the app unless its great .. this is why there are alot of stuff missing in WP7 because Microsfot is not reddy.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I think it all has to do with the api's multitasking and that Microsoft is not going to release the messenger app until this is in the dev tools I think we might see something at mix in april if not we will see it in october ..
I agree they should have an app but I do in some way like microsofts thinking and they are not going to release the app unless its great .. this is why there are alot of stuff missing in WP7 because Microsfot is not reddy.

Do you work for Microsoft? I remember seeing a video before WP7 came out of a guy who already made the MSN messenger app and showed it to someone. The video was all in French, but I think it's already made.

Actually, MS have been taking down previously made messenger clients from the marketplace.

Messenger confirmed for Windows Phone 7, other great Windows phone 7 titbits (Update: Now with Messenger screenshot!)

L

I wonder why the pulled these ones. Either way, they should put one out before the Mango update.

nrguser

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My guess would be that they don't want another anti-trust lawsuit when other IM services sue them for only including MSN messenger and not others...

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Of course there's no multi-tasking...so IM clients are kinda hampered unless Microsoft builds it into the OS.

To a degree, no, but the two apps I use that "run in the background" just enough to allow Push notifications are Flory (Facebook IM and Gtalk) and Motweets and both will udpate me the second I receive an IM or Tweet. The technology to do this is apparently readily available, I guess no one has taken the time to make an app though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos