Microsoft's Joe Belfiore talks about update process

tekhinator

Mar 25, 2011
tekhdose.com
This perfectly explains why I never got an update in my android phone. Interesting response from Joe. It makes more sense then how android phones get updated.

wheelerk

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Also check out the full interview on the Channel 9 podcast. Joe talks about the Mango updates. He mention that there are more features in the Mango update that they have not talked about. It seems like they will release more information about the other features a MIX11.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Joe's amazing hair and great smile are the only reason I still have something resembling faith in this OS.

Man, I bet it'd be awesome to drink a beer with that dude.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Joe's amazing hair and great smile are the only reason I still have something resembling faith in this OS.

Man, I bet it'd be awesome to drink a beer with that dude.

You put too much faith on a person so high level for correct information. I'd put more faith on the guy that's closer to the trenches, like Eric Hautala, but he's probably still not close enough to the trenches.

Michael.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Who said anything about faith? I don't believe any of 'em. :) He's got just enough of that Apple-ish cockiness, flair, and humor to make him one of the more appealing PR puppets to watch from MS's side.

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Who said anything about faith? I don't believe any of 'em. :) He's got just enough of that Apple-ish cockiness, flair, and humor to make him one of the more appealing PR puppets to watch from MS's side.

I should be a Microsoft PR man, because I would physically slap Walt Mossberg.

Also: I take classes for Broadcast production in the same building as the PR kids.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
in the interview they also said something about Nokia presenting ?? that caught my attention. are they going to show off the phones they have been working on ?
I do know they are working on both chasis classes the blackberry type and the full screen. I think this will be interesting ... If they plan on releaseing a phone by the time mango is out than this would be a good time to show off the hardware ... and make people want it more...

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming they can't show off any phones they've been working on because they just started working on them a few weeks ago. I swear to God, if Nokia launches a phone with NoDo before I get NoDo..................

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming they can't show off any phones they've been working on because they just started working on them a few weeks ago. I swear to God, if Nokia launches a phone with NoDo before I get NoDo..................
Haha I'm going to laugh if that happens. I'm expecting the same thing too.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
LOL,
look, Microsoft is working on the udate process now and they are working out the bugs and procedures.. they weill get this wroking give them a break it is the first shot at this udate process and Joe is right Microsoft does the udpates not the hardware companies with android and we will all see the same versions, has it been slow ? YES I agree but once they nail this I think we will see more of the udates coming..

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
As of a month or so ago the contracts with nokia hadn't even been finalized. I'm sure they have been working on the phones already, but I doubtthey are anywhere close to being ready

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
What Else Ends In "O"?

I'm just thrilled to death that all ensuing update codenames will end with my favorite letter "O"!!!

YAAAAYYY!!!

(LuisRaul, what did we come up with for a universal emoticon for sarcasm?)

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Just chalk one up to capitalism and our great country that uses it very very well!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm just thrilled to death that all ensuing update codenames will end with my favorite letter "O"!!!

YAAAAYYY!!!

(LuisRaul, what did we come up with for a universal emoticon for sarcasm?)

Hmm... Not yet normally one doesn't portray anytype of facial expression while speaking sarcastically, so maybe something along the lines of :|

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Nokia is also looking at repurposing some MeeGo hardware for WP7. As far as I know, there is a dependency on Microsoft's side that needs to happen before Nokia will launch their WP7 phone.

Michael.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I know Nokia has been working on Windows Phones before the public knew they were working on a deal, it only takes 5 min to put an OS on a device, now its going to be buggy but at least we can see it ...
I do think nokia wants to show something to see the public reaction even if its not fully working ..

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
BS. Windows works fine on.......anything......why is mobile harder? My phone has more power, space, ram, etc. than my PC in 2000. I want real data. MS used to be good at sharing that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa