To those with NoDo

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the Arrive and I think it doesn't.

But everyday I begin to think that the NoDo on the Arrive is actually FoDo. The build number is 7389 instead of 7390.

Wasn't NoDo supposed to bring limited 3rd party multitasking? For example, I can't use Slacker or Last.FM while web browsing because the application quits.

And also, they did not change the camera settings so that they stick, but I don't think they are going to change that until Mango.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the Arrive and I think it doesn't.

But everyday I begin to think that the NoDo on the Arrive is actually FoDo. The build number is 7389 instead of 7390.

Wasn't NoDo supposed to bring limited 3rd party multitasking? For example, I can't use Slacker or Last.FM while web browsing because the application quits.

And also, they did not change the camera settings so that they stick, but I don't think they are going to change that until Mango.

Hmmm... I'm not sure why they didn't put that final build on there. No this NoDo update was not going to bring any type of multitasking, and you're right about the camera settings they are annoying, hope they fix it in mango.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like NoDo is some sort of contraction of "Does Nothing". The only visible "feature" I know about is cut-and-paste.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm... I'm not sure why they didn't put that final build on there. No this NoDo update was not going to bring any type of multitasking, and you're right about the camera settings they are annoying, hope they fix it in mango.

I read somewhere (so, grain of salt) that the non-sticking camera settings was a "feature".

This was done by design, so every time you open the camera, it's the same. You don't have to wonder what setting you left it on.

Good or bad..IDK.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This was done by design, so every time you open the camera, it's the same. You don't have to wonder what setting you left it on.

I would love to get into PR, lying and writing are my hobbies.

I just want to know about the back up/restore functions of Zune so I can add a memory card and no one will help me.... :(

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I read somewhere (so, grain of salt) that the non-sticking camera settings was a "feature".

Good or bad..IDK.
Wow. I suppose if WP7 saved and edited pictures in RAW this would be a good feature. Otherwise it's just silly.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

Good or bad..IDK.

Good grief.

Actually I no longer use it much. It's too tedious to have to turn off the flash, and set the scene to 'candlelight' (to avoid the blue tint) every time I might want a picture.

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
NoDo is 7389; 7390 has no known changes but 7389 IS the "final" build of NoDo, whatever that means (there are no real final builds of the OS).

3rd party multi-tasking isn't till 'Mango' in the fall

No separate levels for ringer/media, but there's an app for that

Sounds like NoDo is some sort of contraction of "Does Nothing". The only visible "feature" I know about is cut-and-paste.
This is so wrong, I don't know where to start...oh wait, I do: 'NoDo' update starting today; full list of changes published
Not so much a feature, but it was planned to be like that, yes. However, MS is reconsidering that for future updates, so I'd expect it to change.

Reactions: cdub66

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not too fussed about the camera, I mean it's not the best, which is why if I want to capture photos I use my camera that has 2x+ the MP and resolution/quality. Smart phones are perfect for the odd "spur-of-the-moment" capturing, but beyond that why not just use a camera?

It always reminds me of the Nokia N8 marketing campaign at the moment with their entire advertisements boasting about the camera. It's like "OUR OS IS CRAP, THE DEVICE IS HORRID, BUT THE CAMERA IS GREAT!", so if I have a camera then the phone is useless? I see. If it were up to me I'd have 0.3 MP cameras on smart phones.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Which Would I Rather Have?

"Improved user experience" is exactly what the Windows Phone team had in mind. Naturally, focusing on that first would be a priority. I would rather have a device that consistantly does what it is supposed to do, than fulfill every possible mobile device dream every once in a while.

Stability over Features.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a question. Does it now "backup " the phone after a sync. I want to do this so I can finally grab a SD card and install it in my focus. Zune Pass has ate up 6G faster than I would have imagined.

sdchris

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Just hacked my way onto nodo via the instructions posted on xda. It is tasty. num num num

Stability and load times seem to be improved. Good job!!!

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a question. Does it now "backup " the phone after a sync. I want to do this so I can finally grab a SD card and install it in my focus. Zune Pass has ate up 6G faster than I would have imagined.

No it does not. It'll only backup during an update I believe.

To all you AT&T owners... Did y'all see the updated "where's my phone update?" update page? Maybe not the best of times for release but at least its something...

Hooraybeers

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
To all you AT&T owners... Did y'all see the updated "where's my phone update?" update page? Maybe not the best of times for release but at least its something...[/QUOTE said:
it says testing should be done early april, then it has to schedule for around 10 days.. So im glad i got the update already, cause noone has a clue when the release will be with the way its been going.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss